• Oh Those Wacky Americans

  • Post all funny and entertaining images in here. Please no nudity, porn, or anything NSFW!
Post all funny and entertaining images in here. Please no nudity, porn, or anything NSFW!
 #73471  by Tim_Kerr
 Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:00 pm
Vegan4Life wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:54 pm
Image
That's how u get a blown out asshoolew
 #75180  by Vegan4Life
 Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:46 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 am
You know, over 70,000 people have signed a petition to boycott the NFL on Veterans Day weekend.
That number should be into millions and not just 70,000. All people have to do is boycott these A-Holes and in a month they will be back to sports instead of something they don't understand.


.......

Image
HolidayFriday liked this
 #75230  by HolidayFriday
 Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:14 am
happysock wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:08 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:01 am
You know, over 70,000 people have signed a petition to boycott the NFL on Veterans Day weekend.
Is this NFL problem really about black people problems?
I think it's an informational problem and a societal problem. People are being fed the idea that the U.S. is all bad, and a lot of non-black minorities jump on the band wagon because they're promised more power and prestige.

We hear things like we have a problem with the police and black people, but they blind themselves to the fact of black crime. We'd like to weed out police that don't abide by the law, but it's pretty hard when the police we need to weed out are patrolling a neighborhood full of half retarded ghetto gangstas with nine millimeters and their pants down around their knees.

Then there's some bonehead like Colin Kaepernick who disrespects the National Anthem because he doesn't like the way the police treat them. He's the founder and designated it as a black problem.

But to most Americans, it's a problem with disrespecting the U.S.
 #75235  by PlusCaChange
 Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:40 am
We hear things like we have a problem with the police and black people, but they blind themselves to the fact of black crime. We'd like to weed out police that don't abide by the law, but it's pretty hard when the police we need to weed out are patrolling a neighborhood full of half retarded ghetto gangstas with nine millimeters and their pants down around their knees.
I reminds me of the attitude children take towards their parents. Like it's OK for them to misbehave but you have to always be just and responsible. This isn't the first or only instance either, the people who complain about how the Indians were treated never seen to consider how the Indians themselves behaved.

Maybe white people should feel complimented, we're like the smart, kind, responsible kid in class, more is expected of us. When we misbehave it's more of a scandal than it would be for others.
 #75238  by almostapathetic
 Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:30 am
I get that the American Indians were savages. They destroyed other tribes for territory just like animals do. Survival of the fittest and all. I think the argument is the land was all theirs even if they were animals or not. In the end it doesn't matter, we took it, period. It was a different time and that's how things were done then. Just like slavery. Time to quit crying about it and move along and grow like the civilized people you claim to be.




With cops and blacks, It's this simple. Lets say you work for animal control and you get a call about a stray running a muck. You are gonna treat a pit bull different than lets say a golden retriever. No so much because one dog looks different than the other, but because your experience has taught you a pit bull is a problem 9 times out of 10 so you've learned to handle them differently so they don't bite you in the ass, like they did the 9 out of 10 times before.

If it looks like a duck, 9 out of 10 times it probably quacks.
 #75244  by PlusCaChange
 Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 am
I think the argument is the land was all theirs even if they were animals or not.
But in the end, as a practical matter, what makes something yours is that everyone agrees it's yours or at least doesn't contest your claim. You have to convince others by argument or by force. The Indians couldn't maintain their claims by force and they couldn't convince white people they would be safe, respectful neighbors, partly because of our prejudice but also because their society didn't exert enough control over the individual. None but the hardiest and most self reliant wanted to have an unrestrained Indian tribe for a neighbor.

That lack of social control is mostly what people meant when they called them savages. It's great to dream of living without social repression but what it really means is the only thing stopping the crazy and the vicious from doing what they want is ordinary people's capacity to defend themselves. That's bad enough when every man is a warrior and women are dependent on a man's protection but it doesn't work alongside the white society even of the time.
 #75248  by almostapathetic
 Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:26 am
PlusCaChange wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:37 am
That lack of social control is mostly what people meant when they called them savages. It's great to dream of living without social repression but what it really means is the only thing stopping the crazy and the vicious from doing what they want is ordinary people's capacity to defend themselves. That's bad enough when every man is a warrior and women are dependent on a man's protection but it doesn't work alongside the white society even of the time.
Blacks or Indians...Because It sounds like you are talking specifically about Chicago and DC with their stupid and ineffective gun bans.

Image