• What Are You Watching?

• The place for sharing and discussing videos.
The place for sharing and discussing videos.
 #92369  by Demeter
 Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:18 am
I finally figured out why my Chromecast wasn't working. My 2nd HDMI plug thing doesn't work apparently. So all I had to do this whole time was just switch it to the other one. So now I'm watching Beauty and the Beast (cartoon version) on my TV and it's awesome. I was trying to watch Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets but my computer was lagging at the time so I switched to the Movies Anywhere app on my phone and played one of my movies. Not sure I'm comfortable streaming stuff from sketchy sites on my phone yet because I don't want to fuck it up. Reserving this laptop as my sketchy site laptop and gonna try to keep everything else clean and protected.
 #92372  by almostapathetic
 Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:22 am
Demeter wrote:
I finally figured out why my Chromecast wasn't working. My 2nd HDMI plug thing doesn't work apparently. So all I had to do this whole time was just switch it to the other one. So now I'm watching Beauty and the Beast (cartoon version) on my TV and it's awesome. I was trying to watch Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets but my computer was lagging at the time so I switched to the Movies Anywhere app on my phone and played one of my movies. Not sure I'm comfortable streaming stuff from sketchy sites on my phone yet because I don't want to fuck it up. Reserving this laptop as my sketchy site laptop and gonna try to keep everything else clean and protected.
Glad to hear you sucked its dick. I mean, got raped.
 #92403  by HolidayFriday
 Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:25 am
Demeter wrote:
Yeah, I hate the "sketchy site" thing.

About two days ago, my internet connection started bogging down, and I keep thinking it's something that someone put on my computer. Everything else in the house seems to run fine, but the computer in my room only pulls about 8 Mbps download speed now.

According to network diagnostics, my DHCP isn't assigning me an IP correctly, and there's a problem with the router or access point - but nothing else in the house has that problem.

So, either my computer's time has come, or someone's done something to it online. But you know what? This is the sketchiest site I go to. :lol:

added after a trip to Walmart for a new Ethernet cable

Welp, I plugged straight into the router, and I'm running 30 Mbps again, so the verdict is in - it's my Wifi port or adaptor or whatever.

False alarm. Carry on.