• The dark tower

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #59098  by cunnalingus
 Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:15 am
Anyone else read the dark tower series? Do you believe the movie will follow the books? Personally I think it will be a bastardization of a mix of the books unless they turn it into a multiple movie deal.
 #59112  by PlusCaChange
 Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:39 am
I read the first few books but dropped it. Things just seemed to be stretching on interminably like Robert Jordan's 'Wheel of Time' saga. I don't see how you could make a movie out of it and retain any of what made it good. Maybe a multi-season series but it would take some talent to pull off even then.
 #59114  by HolidayFriday
 Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:40 am
The most horrible book to read in this day and age is Stranger in a Strange Land. It's based entirely on 1960-1970's information about Mars.
 #59265  by c4stevo
 Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:22 pm
K...... Not sure about that. Back to the topic I can only hope this movie covers the Gunslinger but who knows... Looks ok but wont know until I watch it. Anything would be better than that garbage mist series! How could he allow such trash.