• What is the greatest movie of all time?

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.

What is the greatest movie of all time?

Big Trouble In Little China
100%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
No votes
0%
 #53494  by HolidayFriday
 Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:21 pm
There's so many good movies, but the "greatest" of "all time"?

It's kind of hard to say because most the movies considered the "greatest" are so old that they don't even seem to count. I looked at a list, and some of the possibilities were Apocalypse Now, Pulp Fiction, Citizen Kane, etc.

Nothing by Pixar. I'm just saying.
Kumacho liked this
 #53625  by 2tall
 Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:37 pm
Never saw Blade Runner when it first came out. Saw it for the first time a few years ago. Couldn't stand a single minute of it. I didn't understand what the fuss was about. If I had seen it 20 whatever years ago I might have liked it.

Added in 2 minutes 24 seconds:
Anyway, the best movie of all time is actually a 3 way tie between Rocky, The Professional, and Unforgiven....and Man on Fire, Denzel version. So a 4 way tie.
 #53628  by DoctorZen
 Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:58 pm
2tall wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm
Never saw Blade Runner when it first came out. Saw it for the first time a few years ago. Couldn't stand a single minute of it. I didn't understand what the fuss was about. If I had seen it 20 whatever years ago I might have liked it.

Anyway, the best movie of all time is actually a 3 way tie between Rocky, The Professional, and Unforgiven....and Man on Fire, Denzel version. So a 4 way tie.
Those aren't even top 20 for me.
 #53633  by SkeetDixon
 Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:13 pm
2tall wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:39 pm

Those are some utter shit picks. The Professional..... pedo detected. Natalie Portman was in her prime back then, right? :)

I'd say Gladiator, Planet of the Apes (original), Platoon, The Godfather, Saving Private Ryan, Aliens, and Predator.