• Oscars: Was the 'Best Picture' screwup planned or genuine mistake?

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.

Oscars: Was the 'Best Picture' screwup planned or genuine mistake?

Genuine mistake
45%
Planned
55%
 #1094  by s0urce
 Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:31 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:23 pm
palehorse95 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:33 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Do you seriously believe that there would be violence if Moonlight didn't win?
I have this crazy tendency of taking threats as real unless proven otherwise, and there were many threats of protests/riots after they felt slighted in past awards presentations.

Given the race baiters' record for making good on threats of unrest, It's far from irrational to expect them to do otherwise when promised.

Can you show me an example of riots after award ceremonies where someone didn't win?

Also, "race baiters' record for making good on threats of unrest"? Can you tell me what you're talking about?

#1117  by palehorse95
 Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:11 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
palehorse95 wrote:
PepperPeanut wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Do you seriously believe that there would be violence if Moonlight didn't win?
I have this crazy tendency of taking threats as real unless proven otherwise, and there were many threats of protests/riots after they felt slighted in past awards presentations.

Given the race baiters' record for making good on threats of unrest, It's far from irrational to expect them to do otherwise when promised.

Can you show me an example of riots after award ceremonies where someone didn't win?

Also, "race baiters' record for making good on threats of unrest"? Can you tell me what you're talking about?
Lucky for us (and purely coincidental I'm sure) the very next big award after the threats, went to a minority populated film, so there is no riot to point toward. I have no doubt, however,that if the other movie had won the possibility of unrest was very real.

As far as my comment on race baiters making good on their threats, it is easy to look at all the race related riots in the past few years and know that there is a large group of domestic social terrorists who lie in wait for an opportunity to burn shit down and steal liquor and sneakers under the guise of outrage over a perceived injustice.
 #1126  by GrammarJew
 Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:49 pm
They did it to save their horrible ratings and still failed. Their ratings were even worse than last year. Just like this terrible website, once things become politicized and turn politically correct, they lose their credibility and anything that once made them entertaining.
Last edited by GrammarJew on Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #1127  by GrammarJew
 Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 pm
palehorse95 wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:11 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
palehorse95 wrote:

Lucky for us (and purely coincidental I'm sure) the very next big award after the threats, went to a minority populated film, so there is no riot to point toward. I have no doubt, however,that if the other movie had won the possibility of unrest was very real.

As far as my comment on race baiters making good on their threats, it is easy to look at all the race related riots in the past few years and know that there is a large group of domestic social terrorists who lie in wait for an opportunity to burn shit down and steal liquor and sneakers under the guise of outrage over a perceived injustice.
That's true, their called black people. They are very bitter, very sensitive and very opportunistic. Even when there wasnt a black film to be snubbed, they just called them racist for not having enough black movies. White Hollywood liberals are all weaklings so they fold any time the black community pressures them, which is why the blacks continuously do it. If they had balls like Trump to call out black people for this bullshit, it would probably cool down.