• Alien: Covenant

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #50849  by SkeetDixon
 Sun May 21, 2017 7:42 pm
I saw this movie today and then went to Hooters to have a look at the girls' bottoms (I was pleased).

I'll try not to spoil the movie. Overall, I was pleased with the movie. My expectations were already tempered by the poor casting choices. The East Bound guy was not believable and severely undercut the movie. They could've used Idris Elba for that fucking role this time! The main character butchie girl just sucked and you kinda were hoping she'd die the whole time.

The dogma and plot were good. There were great morbid plotlines. I wish these could've been explored more. I think the movie took too much time developing the plot. This left too little time to properly explore aspects of the plot and build suspense.

I was wondering what was wrong with this movie but couldn't put my finger on it for a while. I've figured it out now. This movie did a horrible job at building suspense. That is hard to mess up in an alien movie. I think this is partly because people nowadays have the attention span of toddlers.

There weren't any moments that had you scared. Alien and Aliens had such overwhelming suspense and were scary movies. This movie totally missed the mark on that front. That is a shame. This movie should've been much more scary. There were too many visuals of small aliens that looked kind of cute, not scary. They should've downplayed that and built up the suspense.

Don't get me wrong, I was pleased by the movie, but they really missed an opportunity to make a great film.