• Alien: Covenant

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #48594  by SkeetDixon
 Sat May 06, 2017 10:02 am
This is coming out later this month. I'm pretty excited.

This film will not be a direct sequel to Prometheus. I don't think there is any real continuation of the events that took place in Prometheus. Basically, the same thing seems to be happening again but there will be no engineers, just xenomorphs this time. That kind of sucks in my opinion but whatever.

I think the movie will be pretty good. I don't know why they hired a 16 year-old boy to play the classic Ripley character. This chick they got doesn't even look like a woman. Sigourney Weaver was a bit butchey but she at least looked like a woman.

I don't understand why they felt like they had to stick to the recipe of getting a butchey-woman main character in the first place. It stinks of social justice and political correctness. Why not a man or a good-looking broad?

There are some good actors in Fassbender and Billy Cruddup. I don't know about the Eastbound and Down guy though. He is too typecast to be in serious roles, especially a horror flick. We'll see I guess.
 #48595  by PastorX
 Sat May 06, 2017 10:05 am
its going to be a piece of shit movie because this guy isnt suppose to fight Aliens

#48596  by SkeetDixon
 Sat May 06, 2017 10:11 am
Well, he should die pretty . He probably won't be the first one to die. That'd be too cliche but probably the second, maybe third.
 #48661  by Anthrax666
 Sat May 06, 2017 11:23 pm
SkeetDixon wrote:
Sat May 06, 2017 10:02 am

I don't understand why they felt like they had to stick to the recipe of getting a butchey-woman main character in the first place. It stinks of social justice and political correctness. Why not a man or a good-looking broad?
Agree with you on this, all the blokes end up dead but there is allways a woman who survives, even a cat and a little girl.