• Why do people like Game of Thrones?

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #58471  by SkeetDixon
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:53 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:28 am
It sounds like you are just a feeble-minded cunt with the attention span of a gnat.

Dr. Who is the flagship of unattractive girls. Hate to break it to ya.

More like my brain moves much faster than yours so I don't need 3 minutes to understand what someone said.

And I don't give a shit if you think I'm attractive (but I know you do). I hate to break it to you but you're not attractive to me at all. Your opinion is pointless.
Darling, you're a 6.2 on a good day. I don't know what's going on downstairs these days so that could be lower. It sounds like it could be a sloppy mess. I see you every day in your doppleganger. I'll post a pic when I get a chance.

Of course you won't watch Breaking Bad or GOT. You would be lumped in with a sizeable population of people. That conflicts with your necessity to maintain a false sense of uniqueness and importance. You are actually worse than a hipster because that attitude pertains to ALL aspects of your life.

"Like OMG. I'm so unique, special, and sophisticated. Only Dr. Who can stimulate me on an intellectual level and the aesthetics are great."

Fucking vacuous cunt! :x

"More like my brain moves much faster than yours so I don't need 3 minutes to understand what someone said. "

"My brain moves fast...blah...blah" I'm not sure why you think you are intelligent. There is really nothing to back that up is there?
Last edited by SkeetDixon on Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
cunnalingus liked this
 #58472  by Demeter
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:54 am
Both Doctor Who and Sherlock are extremely popular shows lol. Sorry I called you unattractive. I feel bad. But I just have a really severe aversion to big lips. They repulse me. Your psychotic expressions don't help much either. I'm sure you're someone's type, just definitely not mine, sorry.

Edit: Wow you're so shook you edited that twice. And I'm a straight A student and don't watch Game of Thrones so I have that going for me.
cunnalingus wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:43 am
He could be a dude as fat as Brian and say he was an ethical vegan, meat is murder etc and you'd be begging to sit on his face lol. Either that or he has a healthy supply of mouthwash in his home and your panties would be dropping like hair from a chemo patient.
I've turned down vegan bodybuilders, vegans with PhDs, vegan models, etc. The last one to fuck me was more attractive and I wasn't even into it. So no.
 #58485  by PlusCaChange
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:24 am
...show that doesn't gloss over everything...
I'd have put it slightly differently. When you compare GoT to 'Sherlock' or 'Dr Who' the latter seem contrived and simplistic. I suspect this is because, as I mentioned, GoT is sort of a collage of actual events, with added fantasy elements. History is a lot weirder than fiction.
Kumacho liked this
 #58486  by Demeter
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:29 am
LOL @ those shows seeming simplistic to GOT. GOT is for simpletons. It offers essentially nothing as far as mental stimulation. It's just a bunch of fucking and violence thrown into a weak ass plot that would have taken 5 minutes to sum up in one of those shows. But with GOT it takes a whole fucking hour for them to tell the story. And please stop pretending that because things happen randomly as in real life and that there's a bunch of questionable morals that it makes it somehow sophisticated. Please.
 #58488  by PlusCaChange
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:46 am
It's true the plot of GoT is not complex but plot is not the point, like I said, it's character driven. The plot is just a way to examine the characters. 'Sherlock' is charming and 'Dr Who' has the occasional interesting idea (though you honestly do have to wade through a lot of schlock) but neither of them even tries to tackle a subject as complicated as GoT. Forget the dragons and ice zombies, that's window-dressing, the story is the people.
 #58492  by Hakik
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:56 am
Demeter wrote:

I've turned down vegan bodybuilders, vegans with PhDs, vegan models, etc. The last one to fuck me was more attractive and I wasn't even into it. So no.
Not messaging a Tinder match doesn't count as "turning down" lol. You do realize most guys just swipe right on everybody, doesn't mean they're into you or find you attractive.
Demeter wrote:

Edit: Wow you're so shook you edited that twice. And I'm a straight A student and don't watch Game of Thrones so I have that going for me.
LOL you got a couple of As in "show up and get an A" classes from a community college. Now you're a straight A student.

I can see why you wouldn't like Game of Thrones. It's a show about power, improving your position in the political and social world, outsmarting people. All things that are completely foreign to you. When you've never really experienced much of a life, don't know much about history, and just led the life of a simpleton, GoT is probably not gonna be your show. Not much you can relate to or understand.
 #58498  by Demeter
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:18 am
Hakik wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:56 am
Demeter wrote:

Not messaging a Tinder match doesn't count as "turning down" lol. You do realize most guys just swipe right on everybody, doesn't mean they're into you or find you attractive.
They messaged me first though. Also, I've met some of them IRL. Talked to them on the phone if they lived far away. And just wanna note that I don't even care. I'm just countering an argument.
Demeter wrote:

LOL you got a couple of As in "show up and get an A" classes from a community college. Now you're a straight A student.
I get all A's and often 100% or over as a final grade. None of which were "show up and get an A" classes. Except my CPR/FIrst Aid class was basically that.
I can see why you wouldn't like Game of Thrones. It's a show about power, improving your position in the political and social world, outsmarting people. All things that are completely foreign to you. When you've never really experienced much of a life, don't know much about history, and just led the life of a simpleton, GoT is probably not gonna be your show. Not much you can relate to or understand.
Yeah I have no trouble understanding it. I mean it gives you three minutes between each sentence to really think through how the dragon girl's brother would let her get gangbanged by 40,000 men. Really deep, insightful stuff there.
Last edited by Demeter on Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
 #58502  by PlusCaChange
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:24 am
because things happen randomly as in real life
Randomness is and interesting concept but not one I would apply to real life or GoT.

It's not that real life is random, it's that it's unforeseen, that it couldn't be imagined but in hindsight the path of events makes sense. People are demonstrably very bad at predicting the future partly because of randomness (there is a lot more to be said about that) and partly because we have so many prejudices and preconceptions we can't weigh the elements before us dispassionately. We are prejudiced towards meaning and coherency in our stories but in real life these are generally things we impose on events after they have occurred, at least on the macro level of historical events. We find reasons for things whether they are there or not. Most fiction just runs this system backwards. The author chooses events to follow whatever he has decided the story will be about. That's what I mean by contrived. Martin presents historical snippets and then explains them into the narrative which is much closer to how we construct history, so it feels less like a story someone made up and more like one that just unfolded. For a similar reason (and others) he kills off important characters for seemingly no reason.

One of the best things a work of fiction can aspire to is to get the audience to see things in a new way, the more fundamental the shift the more profound it is. There are few more profound paradigm changes than getting people to recognize meaning is generally something they impose on reality rather than a characteristic of what they perceive. To do that under the guise of an adventure story makes it appeal on multiple levels which is a trick only the best authors manage to pull off.
 #58503  by Demeter
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:28 am
Yeah that weak attempt at a point doesn't make up for the shitty, boring plot. I'm not going to watch an hour long episode just because it makes an extremely fucking simple point. It's not profound at all. You're just a pseudo-intellectual.