• Movie Review Thread

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #82738  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:06 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:05 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:22 pm
Movies based on comic books are stupid.
I like very few of them but I'm not into comics books either. No different than basing a movie on a book.
Yeah like 'Gone With the Wind' or 'Spiderman'.
 #83404  by SkeetDixon
 Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:12 pm
Arrival- (spoiler alert)

I started watching this movie but didn't finish it. This is sort of a cucked Sci-Fi movie.

The plot is fucking retarded. So these aliens have mastered inter-stellar travel at light speed, but when they get to Earth, they can't figure out how to communicate with humans........ Yeah, that's the fucking plot. So these aliens can't figure it out, the various professional men can't figure it out, but thank god there is a woman on the team to sort them all out.

Girl power, WAHOO!!!! Yep, the female language expert is gonna figure out how to communicate with the aliens. The hapless aliens and men just can't get the job done. It's just another example of shameless cultural marxism in the movies.
We don't just need women in the work place, they're actually superior to men!

Also, the aliens are squids that live in fish tanks. That is retarded at best. They don't have opposable thumbs but built these big-ass space ships in the water? Yeah, not of it makes sense.

It looked like the Chinks were going to meddle with the aliens and piss them off. Then Amy Adams' character was gonna come in and cool things down and save the day by chatting up the aliens. Maybe she offered them a piece of pussy. I dunno, I didn't finish watching.

2/10

Oh btw, The Arrival with Charlie Sheen is a great underappreciated Sci-Fi movie. It's not even that dated. Give it a watch if you haven't seen it.
 #83406  by PastorX
 Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:15 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:06 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:05 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:22 pm
Movies based on comic books are stupid.
I like very few of them but I'm not into comics books either. No different than basing a movie on a book.
Yeah like 'Gone With the Wind' or 'Spiderman'.
Forgot your favorite movie list which included 50 Shades of Grey, Twilight, and the Notebook. My bad fag.
 #83901  by SkeetDixon
 Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:08 pm
SkeetDixon wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:12 pm
Arrival- (spoiler alert)

I started watching this movie but didn't finish it. This is sort of a cucked Sci-Fi movie.

The plot is fucking retarded. So these aliens have mastered inter-stellar travel at light speed, but when they get to Earth, they can't figure out how to communicate with humans........ Yeah, that's the fucking plot. So these aliens can't figure it out, the various professional men can't figure it out, but thank god there is a woman on the team to sort them all out.

Girl power, WAHOO!!!! Yep, the female language expert is gonna figure out how to communicate with the aliens. The hapless aliens and men just can't get the job done. It's just another example of shameless cultural marxism in the movies.
We don't just need women in the work place, they're actually superior to men!

Also, the aliens are squids that live in fish tanks. That is retarded at best. They don't have opposable thumbs but built these big-ass space ships in the water? Yeah, not of it makes sense.

It looked like the Chinks were going to meddle with the aliens and piss them off. Then Amy Adams' character was gonna come in and cool things down and save the day by chatting up the aliens. Maybe she offered them a piece of pussy. I dunno, I didn't finish watching.

2/10

Oh btw, The Arrival with Charlie Sheen is a great underappreciated Sci-Fi movie. It's not even that dated. Give it a watch if you haven't seen it.
I just finished watching this bullshit movie. Fuck me, what utter horse shit. This is the gayest alien invasion movie EVER. "The aliens came to give us all a gift." :) What a bunch of queer bullshit.

And this stupid fucking movie didn't make any sense. Amy Adams' future self tells her present self what to do? What a load of horse shit. Time is not linear....blah....blah.....blah. If time is not linear, why does the Chink General say "this is what you did....."? This movie is too gay and shitty to really think about though. And Jeremy Renner is all of a sudden her husband? Fuck this shit.

Added in 12 minutes 22 seconds:
Predestination-

The movie made me consider never watching movies again. It sounded like your typical time-traveling movie, maybe something similar to the movie "Jumper" with Samuel Jackson and Hayden Christiansen (that movie wasn't too bad).

No, this movie is gayer than Richard Simmons bursting out of a birthday cake. It was so incredibly bad, it's like a trainwreck you can't stop watching. The opening scene is halfway interesting. Then they introduce a transgender character. The movie spends the next 40 minutes detailing the backstory of this trans character!!!!!!!!!! It just gets worse and worse. The trans character had a baby but also had a cock and balls. After having the baby, the doctors take out the lady parts and rig up the cock and balls. But this movie is about time travel though. It's like, "What the fuck did I sign up for?".

This movie is like if you were in a frat and one of your long-time frat brothers tried to kiss you after a night of drinking. No, I was never in a frat. This never happened to me, but this is the most accurate description of this movie I can think of.

-10000/10 stars