• Movie Review Thread

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #92208  by Demeter
 Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:00 am
2tall wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:45 am
Demeter wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:12 pm
Leon: The Professional

10/10

Luc Besson might be my favorite director. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets, The Fifth Element, and can't wait to see The Extraordinary Adventures of Adele Blanc Sec and his other films.
The Professional is easily in my top 10 favorite movies of all time. I saw that you hated Pulp Fiction. You should give Tarantino movies a second chance. I hated Pulp Fiction and Django Unchained the first time I watched them. Now I think they are awesome.
I think it's kind of the opposite problem for me. I loved Pulp Fiction as a teenager but I watched it probably IDK at least 15 times I think, and now as an adult it just makes me cringe. It doesn't offer as much subtle substance as Leon: The Professional does. I also like the aesthetics of Leon: The Professional much better personally. They're both gritty, but Leon: The Professional is a much classier gritty and much less try-hard. That's kind of the impression I get from all Tarantino films I've seen or partly seen - very try-hard. But maybe that's just me. He has an aesthetic that I can appreciate as having value because it's his own style and he does it well, but it's just not MY style. Far from the worst though.
 #92243  by SkeetDixon
 Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:50 pm
Downsizing-

DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE. This movie is such a cucked piece of shit. The previews make you think the movie will be fun and exciting. They make you think you'll see some people "downsize" so they can live a lavish lifestyle and maybe have some hiccups along the way.

Nope, nope, nope. This movie is an SJW Cuck trap.

Matt Damon's character decides to "downsize", but his wife chickens out. He goes it alone and meets this impoverished Vietnamese woman that exposes him to the downtrodden underclass in the "down-sized" community. He starts doing charity work for all these poor, helpless minorities.

The movie actually gets worse from here. Apparently, the world is supposed to end fairly soon thanks to man-made climate change. (Another Liberal agenda that permeates the movie). Matt Damon and the Vietnamese girl have the opportunity to join this underground "down-sized" community that is self-sufficient and will be able to survive the impending climate change calamity.

Matt Damon almost joins the underground community, but the Vietnamese girl doesn't want to. He fell in love with this atrocious Vietnamese girl and decides to stay above ground with her. PUKE. The end.

This fucking movie is the biggest sack of shit I've ever seen. The way it was packaged makes for maximum disappointment. You think you're in for a lighthearted, silly movie with lots of laughs. Nope! Just a left-leaning SJW shit-storm focused on class disparity, minority plight, and anthropogenic climate change.

Matt Damon is a real fucking ass hole. This is the second piece of shit Libtard movie he has made like this. The last one was Elsyium where he's again fighting for all these impoverished minorities against the supposedly evil White people. Fuck that ass hole and fuck Ben Affleck too. These actors are the most diluted, ignorant, and selfish people on the planet and don't even realize it.
HolidayFriday liked this
 #92332  by Demeter
 Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:43 pm
Matt Damon is a very well known liberal who likes to do films with a political perspective, I don't know how you managed to see two movies of his before realizing this. BTW Promised Land is pretty good.

First you love Jessica Chastain, now you admit to seeing Star Wars: The Last Jedi, AND Matt Damon films. Just admit that deep down you love liberals.

Anyway, I think I might see Justice League soon, then really looking forward to seeing Ferdinand, Star Wars: The Last Jedi, and The Shape of Water. If I manage to watch all of those then my next choices would be Coco and Ladybird - although tbh based on one clip from Ladybird I have a feeling it's overrated. I like the actress though - she was good in Atonement. So maybe I'm wrong and it is good. Also wouldn't mind seeing Thor and The Disaster Artist.
Last edited by Demeter on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #92334  by Demeter
 Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:51 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:49 pm
Deep down, no one wants to know what their favorite stars eat.
If that were the case I think a lot of magazines would go out of business.
 #92335  by HolidayFriday
 Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:04 pm
Demeter wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:
Those don't qualify as magazines. They're for fat welfare mothers that think they'll find a magic fudge brownie recipe that will turn them beautiful and skinny.

They always put them on the rack with Tiger Beat.
 #92367  by Demeter
 Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:10 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:04 pm
Demeter wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:
Those don't qualify as magazines. They're for fat welfare mothers that think they'll find a magic fudge brownie recipe that will turn them beautiful and skinny.

They always put them on the rack with Tiger Beat.
There actually are fudge brownie recipes that are very healthy and still delicious, so they could turn them beautiful. IDK about skinny though because the healthy fudge brownie recipes typically at least call for dates and possibly also walnuts or other sort of nut that makes it very fatty and high calorie. Probably even higher calorie than regular brownies.
 #104963  by SkeetDixon
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:16 pm
Blade Runner 2049-

This is the only movie I've wanted to see in a long, long time.

This was a good movie. It didn't have as much character as the original but was still very good.

The acting was good. Ryan Gosling did a good job and so did Ana De Armas. I was a bit worried that Harrison Ford would come in and ruin the whole thing. I would've preferred if they had left him out. They must've thought his presence would draw bigger crowds and more fans of the original. It may have had the opposite effect. Jared Leto kind of sucked. He is an eccentric fag but wasn't old and nerdy enough to play his character convincingly.

The special effects were top-class. It was refreshing to see a high-budget futuristic setting that was normal, not that faggy-ass Star Wars Cuck shit with all the queer aliens. The Waifu stuff with Ana de Armas was impressive. It's hard to get tired looking at her, but it did detract from the movie a little bit. It would've been interesting to see the main character interact a bit more out in public, like get a drink or something. I guess that's the point of a Waifu though.

The plot of the movie was a bit disappointing or at least how it was executed. The whole synthetic child conspiracy was a bit boring at times. The Blade Runner police agency and staff were a little lacking. Ryan Gosling's superior was a single woman that told him to do stuff. That didn't seem very believable. Harrison Ford probably did bring things down quite a bit. The original had such a crescendo of an ending. It's one of the great moments in film. This movie just didn't have that magic at the end. Not many films do. Still, a very well executed Sci-fi movie. No liberal agenda. No mindless inclusion of minority characters. Just good'ol fashion Sci-fi with mostly White characters. :)
BDR529 liked this