• Movie Review Thread

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #104968  by BDR529
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:46 pm
I saw BR 2049 a couple of months ago when it came out and really liked it. It came out so close to Alien Covenant and was a much better movie IMO. I really like Dennis Villeneuve (Sicario) the director. With Ridley Scott's help, I thought he managed to advance the first movie's story line and keep the same gritty feel as the original. The visuals were amazing as you would expect from the current state of CGI and they managed to not clobber it with half baked cameos and rehashed story lines. I was worried initially about Gosling and his chick-flick heritage but he was more than adequate in the role. Ditto Jared Leto. And that scene with Rachel and Deckard was well done...kudos to Villeneuve. The vistas and tech were cutting edge and even though I thought the end was a bit hollow...it still managed to give closure without ruining any chance of a sequel.

Overall, for me anyway, I'd give it 4.5 out of 5. Pretty refreshing considering all of the stinker sequels I've been watching lately (read: Last Jedi). :roll:
SkeetDixon liked this
 #104970  by cunnalingus
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:06 pm
I watched a movie on the weekend called Take my lonely wife please. BOY WAS I DISGUSTED!!! It was about a guy with a fetish of people fucking his wife. I think he was a CUCK!!
BDR529 liked this
 #104974  by SkeetDixon
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:17 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
I watched a movie on the weekend called Take my lonely wife please. BOY WAS I DISGUSTED!!! It was about a guy with a fetish of people fucking his wife. I think he was a CUCK!!
Sounds like a French Canadian documentary.
 #104977  by kocher
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:22 pm
Black Panther - 9.5. Beautiful movie. I've never felt so empowered and connected with my African brothers before. There were a couple negroes sitting in front of me and I kept looking over to see how they react to some of the pivotal scenes. It did my soul good to see them so empowered. I grazed one of their necks with my fingers and he didn't even react, too enveloped with the film. I'll post a pic later. After the movie was over I asked if they wanted to kill some white people but I don't think they heard me.
 #104978  by almostapathetic
cunnalingus wrote:
Sure that wasn't a reality show on the CBC?
 #104983  by almostapathetic
 Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:31 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:26 pm
Why would I watch the Croatian Broadcasting Channel.
IDK, probably got sick of watching the faggy Canadian Broadcasting Channel. If that's it, there might just be hope for you.
 #105038  by SkeetDixon
 Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:13 am
kocher wrote:
Black Panther - 9.5. Beautiful movie. I've never felt so empowered and connected with my African brothers before. There were a couple negroes sitting in front of me and I kept looking over to see how they react to some of the pivotal scenes. It did my soul good to see them so empowered. I grazed one of their necks with my fingers and he didn't even react, too enveloped with the film. I'll post a pic later. After the movie was over I asked if they wanted to kill some white people but I don't think they heard me.
Picture of Kocher with his wife's son from a previous marriage on their way to go see the new Black Panther movie.

JohnnyP, Hakik, BDR529 liked this