• What do you think of 3D movies?

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #67297  by Hakik
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:14 am
Do you try to catch the 3D version when you go to the movies?

For me 3D is just an excuse to upsell and get people to spend more. There are some very visual movies that are pretty cool in 3D, especially on IMAX. But it sucks that it's not real 3D (it's stereoscopic), so you have to wear glasses.

There's now even 4D movie theaters popping out, where they squirt water on you, the seats move, and there's strobes and smoke. I tried it, and it honestly adds nothing to the movie itself. It's very distracting/annoying, and you actually lose your immersion in the movie. Plus who wants to be squirted with water when they're chillin and enjoying a movie.
 #67302  by edsbrian
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:29 am
cunnalingus wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:17 am
I live In a town with a shitty movie theatre that tries to do 3D movies but they suck.
In Chicago we have fantastic movie theaters but they are ruined by all the coloreds hootin and a hollerin.
cunnalingus liked this
 #67309  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:15 am
We have the Crest Theatre here in Sacramento that always shows 3D moves. It's kind of novel, but I've only watched movies that were designedly 3D movies.
 #67554  by Demeter
 Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:05 pm
I don't like them because it's not as clear as the 2d films, at least not at the theatres I've been to. It's just easier and more enjoyable to watch 2d. Also if you go there with 3 year olds who don't want to keep their glasses on, they just sit there watching a blurry ass film, so the experience is ruined for them too.