• GOT or WW?

• Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
Discuss your favorite movie or TV show here. Looking for something to watch? Get your recommendations inside.
 #122248  by Kumacho
 Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:11 pm
Two HBO series have my imagination captured.

Game of Throne and Westworld.

I think Westworld has the better writing and it is my favorite. The plot twists make it nearly impossible to predict the outcome, while GOT seems to be more linear.

Then again, maybe my preference is because Westworld was originally a movie that I saw in theaters when it first came out.
 #122262  by Hakik
 Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm
How is Game of Thrones more predictable? It probably had some of the biggest twists in history, from that Hodor shit, to the main character getting executed in the first season. There's never been a shock response by viewers like when Ned Stark got executed. It even made it in the news. And it's the only show where you just can't know for sure who's gonna live or die. There's not a single character who's safe. Sure West World has plot twists and surprises too, but nothing like GoT.

GoT has better writing, because it's much more character driven. WW is definitely less linear, but it might go overboard with that sometimes mixing up the timeline.

GoT is definitely the superior show from writing, acting, directing, to even little things like costume and set locations. But WW is still an amazing show, and is definitely in my all time top 10.
 #122265  by PastorX
 Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:37 pm
westworld is gay now, it's the matrix all over again
 #122267  by Kumacho
 Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:31 pm
Hakik wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:26 pm
How is Game of Thrones more predictable? It probably had some of the biggest twists in history, from that Hodor shit, to the main character getting executed in the first season. There's never been a shock response by viewers like when Ned Stark got executed. It even made it in the news. And it's the only show where you just can't know for sure who's gonna live or die. There's not a single character who's safe. Sure West World has plot twists and surprises too, but nothing like GoT.

GoT has better writing, because it's much more character driven. WW is definitely less linear, but it might go overboard with that sometimes mixing up the timeline.

GoT is definitely the superior show from writing, acting, directing, to even little things like costume and set locations. But WW is still an amazing show, and is definitely in my all time top 10.
The only real shock to me was when Ned was executed. Hodor I almost expected to die. He was written to be the protector at all costs, which to me meant he very likely would die.

Sad, but kind of predictable to me.

The shocks in WW just kept coming! Tell me you knew who the man in black was. I'm waiting for the paradoxes to start. Since some characters seem to even have some kind of precognition (of sorts) they could take steps to change the outcome.

I love GOT! I just like WW a hair more. I will say that GOT is sexier.

<edit> I had to come back to this as one thing you said was gnawing at me. You said, "better acting". To that I should only have a two word response:

Anthony Hopkins.

But to stop there would be an injustice...

Ed Harris from such greats as "Apollo 13" and "The Truman Show".

I mean look what they did for Shogun World. They brought in actor Hiroyuki Sanada, a trained sword master and actor to play the pivotal, key part.