• Goodnight sweet Prince of Galveston

• Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
 #63888  by BDR529
 Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:15 pm
Yeah that's a bummer...although he's been pretty out of it mentally for quite a few years now. He sure was a talent in his heyday though.

Dementia's a hell of a drug.... :cry:
 #63903  by almostapathetic
 Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:52 pm
Back in like late June I heard Adios and and the story of getting him into the studio while enough of his mind and health was left. This is pretty much the finali to the last thing he'd ever do as an artist.

Campbell was diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2011, and shortly after embarked on a "Goodbye Tour." The songs that make up Adiós were recorded after Campbell wrapped up that tour in an effort to preserve, as Campbell's wife Kim Campbell writes, "what magic was left."...Campbell recorded Adiós at Nashville's Station West with producer and longtime collaborator Carl Jackson.
BDR529 liked this
 #63914  by BDR529
 Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:47 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:52 pm
Back in like late June I heard Adios and and the story of getting him into the studio while enough of his mind and health was left. This is pretty much the finali to the last thing he'd ever do as an artist.
Can't feel to bad though...81 is a long life and for him, a very profitable one too. I just wonder how many years trying to tame Tanya Tucker took off of him though. :shock:

#66760  by PepperPeanut
 Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 pm
I know that I'm late in posting this, so BACK OFF!

But this was released back in October of 2014 when Glen Campbell knew that he was starting to lose touch with reality because of Alzheimers. Fucking song is heartbreaking.