• Musicians from your Local Area

• Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
 #82088  by almostapathetic
 Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:03 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm
I searched for other music groups from Dayton Ohio, and apparently, "music groups" and "funk groups" are an entirely different thing. The Ohio Players aren't listed - but Wikipedia gave me an option to search for funk groups instead.
Quit doxing me, bro.

These one hit wonder bitches are from Dayton.

Can't believe that turd is nearly 25 years aold.
 #82091  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:15 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
You know who else is from Sacramento? :lol:

I searched and found the other bands that I've heard of are Cake and the Deftones.

I didn't even post them.
 #82092  by BDR529
 Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:21 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Can't believe that turd is nearly 25 years aold.
Saw them in like 1993...they opened for Nirvana at the OKC State Fair. That song is tolerable. The rest of their set stunk. Everyone was ready for Nirvana at that point.
 #82210  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:01 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:09 pm
I've been listening tho the CAKE channel on iHeartRadio this week.

Haven't seen them live in like 10 years. Sadly, they are lazy and rarely leave the west.
The only Cake song that got a lot of airplay was Going the Distance, or whatever it's called. Most of their songs sound exactly like it. The singing anyway.
 #82221  by almostapathetic
 Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:31 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:01 pm

The only Cake song that got a lot of airplay was Going the Distance, or whatever it's called. Most of their songs sound exactly like it. The singing anyway.
"Never There" probably got more airplay. "Short Skirt" still gets played alot too.

Singing. Yes, my friends have always complained about McCrea's style, but believe it or not, music is also about, well, music. In fact, there are actually songs out there that don't even having any singing.

Even farther, there's the actual lyrics. Cake lyrics are brilliant. But for me it's about the music. I'm a fan of brass in music, and bass, and drumming.

This this pretty entertaining. Watch it all. Break it down.

Seriously, watch this one all the way through.

This all lost on all the rap faggots around here, I'm sure. And all lemmi can do is live in the past.
lemmiwinx liked this
 #82230  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:39 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:31 pm
"Never There" probably got more airplay. "Short Skirt" still gets played alot too.

Singing. Yes, my friends have always complained about McCrea's style, but believe it or not, music is also about, well, music. In fact, there are actually songs out there that don't even having any singing.

Even farther, there's the actual lyrics. Cake lyrics are brilliant. But for me it's about the music. I'm a fan of brass in music, and bass, and drumming.
Well, I'm from Sacramento, and they hardly ever get airplay here. You should probably know that I've played drums since I was five, and not only I was a music major, I did the club scene in Hollywood, and I've played all the clubs in Sacramento along with some bay area clubs, and a few shows at the Omni in Oakland. I do tons of graphics, but music has always been my main thing. Cake's drummer isn't really all that impressive when compared to some of the greats, but they do have a certain musicality to them, and I will agree that drums and bass can make a band. Brass has it's good points too and is pretty interesting in more rock-like songs.

As far as their singer goes - I guess I have to admit that I've listened to just about every Rush song ever written even with Geddy Lee belting out like an insane leprechaun. :lol:

But still, Cake isn't in my top twenty.
lemmiwinx wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:57 pm
James Taylor once changed planes in Atlanta while I was living there. I thought it was pretty cool.
Why no bands from Atlanta? I mean, come on - there's got to be tons of them :lol: