• Does anyone here collect vinyl?

• Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
Music plays a huge role in our world. Talk about it all here.
 #5133  by PastorX
 Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:57 pm
I knew of a guy who had like a bedroom full of vinyl. He was also a Dj and scratched. He managed a KFC and his wife was a nurse. She went bat-shit crazy claiming that she saw ghosts in the hospital and quit. He lost his job. I don't know if he still have his collection but I remember going over his place and a whole bedroom was dedicated to boxes and boxes of vinyl.

Moral of the story, people who collect vinyl end up living some fucked up life.
 #5137  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:19 pm
PastorX wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:57 pm
I knew of a guy who had like a bedroom full of vinyl. He was also a Dj and scratched. He managed a KFC and his wife was a nurse. She went bat-shit crazy claiming that she saw ghosts in the hospital and quit. He lost his job. I don't know if he still have his collection but I remember going over his place and a whole bedroom was dedicated to boxes and boxes of vinyl.

Moral of the story, people who collect vinyl end up living some fucked up life.
I wish I had known this 20 years ago.
 #5168  by Anthrax666
 Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:09 am
PepperPeanut wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:59 am
It's something I've been doing for 20 years
Judging you from your 'roast me' pic you must have been collecting since birth
Hakik wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Plus all the classic hits radio stations had to have from the 70s and early 80s. They managed to get rid of most of it.

But I'm still stuck with 4 crates like this:

I'm mostly left with singles, but still got several albums. I'm keeping the good ones like Queen, Rolling Stones, and Thriller.
STOP... if your parents worked at a radio station you potentially have a gold mine there. Radio stations were supplied with early pressings and rare promo items, so you may have white labels as well as rare 'run out' messages or even 'recalls', so you might want to look at each record individually, no matter who it's by.
 #5170  by Concerno
 Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 am
Hakik wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:32 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:05 pm
Ooooooooooooooo! What do they got?
I don't even really know. Originally, they pretty much had every song that was in the charts from 1984-1988. Plus all the classic hits radio stations had to have from the 70s and early 80s. They managed to get rid of most of it.

But I'm still stuck with 4 crates like this:

I'm mostly left with singles, but still got several albums. I'm keeping the good ones like Queen, Rolling Stones, and Thriller.
Do you ever listen to them?
 #5173  by lemmiwinx
 Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:47 am
I have this many vinyls I estimate about 150 - not a collection just what I bought when the only choice was vinyl or cassette. I'm sure if they weren't extremely used they'd be worth a fortune. Mostly late 60's to early 80's rock.