• Fallout 4 on the PS4

  • For all your gaming needs on any and all consoles...
For all your gaming needs on any and all consoles...
 #61645  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 am
My Fallout 4 started crashing for no apparent reason. I'm having to look into what might be causing it, but it just shuts down when I "press any key" to start.
 #61650  by cunnalingus
 Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:58 am
I'm an IT expert have you installed the any key on your keyboard? If you haven't done this, usually you just need to turn it off and on again.
 #61756  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:03 pm
Welp, the game suddenly worked today. I have no idea why it was crashing.
MrModJeans wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:03 pm
Nope. No mods no cheats.
I'm on Xbox one, and alll DLC. I literally scrapped ALL of vault 88 and brought it in line 10 trips to sanctuary and Abernathy farms. I haven't built at any other settlements just starting the drive in movie theater now. I said fuck the minutemen and been mainly just building and hauling materials from all over the map.
I've built on Sanctuary and some at the Red Rocket, and I put defenses up at just about every settlement. My structures are just basic, though.

I'm working on starting a new building in Sanctuary only I've run out of stuff. It's also outside my little walled area I put up.

Image

I stuck some beds in there for the people who keep showing up.

Here's a closer shot of that electrical setup mentioned earlier:

Image

I've got generators on the side facing the water, and I've hooked them up to a couple of water purifiers and defense systems to the South.

I officially hit level 81. I'm doing some extra questing before I have another go at killing the Nuka World bosses. I'm thinking that with a bit more health and a few more perks that I could just make a running go at it.

Check out my courser gear. Leather trench coat and all. 8-)

Image

Here's another shot of Piper with that mod. She looks tons better in my opinion:

Image
 #61767  by Kumacho
 Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:14 pm
Well crap on a stick. Now I'm going to have to reinstall the damned game. I think I'm going to start with a new character though. A female protagonist this time maybe.
HolidayFriday liked this
 #62755  by Tom_Selleck
 Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 am
My Fallout 4 started crashing for no apparent reason. I'm having to look into what might be causing it, but it just shuts down when I "press any key" to start.
Probably the mods you installed
 #62850  by HolidayFriday
 Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 pm
Tom_Selleck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 am
My Fallout 4 started crashing for no apparent reason. I'm having to look into what might be causing it, but it just shuts down when I "press any key" to start.
Probably the mods you installed
You know, I thought of that, but the game works again - and it always did. I really have relatively few mods in comparison to most people.

♦ Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures
♦ The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout 4 Edition
♦ My Piper and Curie and Cait
♦ Mostly Female NPCs

That's it.
 #62911  by Tom_Selleck
 Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 pm
Tom_Selleck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 am
My Fallout 4 started crashing for no apparent reason. I'm having to look into what might be causing it, but it just shuts down when I "press any key" to start.
Probably the mods you installed
You know, I thought of that, but the game works again - and it always did. I really have relatively few mods in comparison to most people.

♦ Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures
♦ The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout 4 Edition
♦ My Piper and Curie and Cait
♦ Mostly Female NPCs

That's it.
Mods on any bethesda game are weird that way. It wasnt fallout but Skyrim. Things can be going great, and 5 saves later your game is corrupted. I use to mod the shit out of these games back in the day on computer.

I can see all you wanna do is make it look better (well the females anyway) but really it isn't needed.
 #63085  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:12 pm
Tom_Selleck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:21 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 pm
Tom_Selleck wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:49 am


Probably the mods you installed
You know, I thought of that, but the game works again - and it always did. I really have relatively few mods in comparison to most people.

♦ Valkyr Female Face and Body Textures
♦ The Eyes Of Beauty Fallout 4 Edition
♦ My Piper and Curie and Cait
♦ Mostly Female NPCs

That's it.
Mods on any bethesda game are weird that way. It wasnt fallout but Skyrim. Things can be going great, and 5 saves later your game is corrupted. I use to mod the shit out of these games back in the day on computer.

I can see all you wanna do is make it look better (well the females anyway) but really it isn't needed.
Take a closer look at Piper lol
 #63094  by cunnalingus
 Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:39 pm
Mostly female NPC's? HOT DAWG!! *wipes sweat from forehead* you gonna make them nude so you can see their tiddies?
 #63116  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:05 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:39 pm
Mostly female NPC's? HOT DAWG!! *wipes sweat from forehead* you gonna make them nude so you can see their tiddies?
That's a lot harder to explain to my girlfriend than you think.