• Do you think...

• For all your gaming needs on any and all consoles...
For all your gaming needs on any and all consoles...
 #110824  by cunnalingus
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:36 am
PlusCaChange wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:12 am
All the video games are starting to seem alike now. I've gone through tons of stuff on Steam trying to find something interesting and new, but it's pretty much all post-apocalyptic, battlegrounds, or medieval. They all look the same.
If you like strategy games 'Europa Universalis' is a sort of history simulator. You don't have to worry about it getting old because they change everything about twice a year and you have to learn it all over again.
I like strategy games like age of empires and rise of nations. Both good games
 #110827  by PlusCaChange
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:52 am
cunnalingus wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:36 am
PlusCaChange wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:20 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:12 am
All the video games are starting to seem alike now. I've gone through tons of stuff on Steam trying to find something interesting and new, but it's pretty much all post-apocalyptic, battlegrounds, or medieval. They all look the same.
If you like strategy games 'Europa Universalis' is a sort of history simulator. You don't have to worry about it getting old because they change everything about twice a year and you have to learn it all over again.
I like strategy games like age of empires and rise of nations. Both good games
They are OK but a good strategy game is about making decisions. If decisions are trivial because only an idiot or someone new to the game would do it any but one way then the game is only interesting while you are learning the right way to do things. The other kind of bad decision is were you just have to guess with no information to go on. This can be interesting in the way seeing how the cards fall in a game of solitaire is but it's not really strategy. Frequently a poorly designed strategy games will force the pace of decision making to increase the feeling of difficulty without actually improving the strategy decision making.

The best strategy games give you decisions with either an overwhelming amount of data, so you have to decide based on your feel for the information because there is too much to analyze or they force you to use kinds of perception other than simple reasoning. The very best ones make your decisions reflect your personality, like seeing a picture in a Rorschach inkblot.
 #110830  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:46 am
I've played Age of Empires and even Sim City, but I'm really into first person and third person shooters. Fallout 3 and 4, Borderlands 2, Bioshock Infinite, Half Life/Black Mesa, Resident Evil 4... that kind of stuff.
BDR529 liked this
 #110836  by cunnalingus
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:01 am
I forgot I have borderlands 2. I mainly bought it because me and my son would play borderlands 1. But now he's too old and cool to play any games with me so he plays with his friends from school online. Stupid internet.
 #110837  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:05 am
I'm all the way through True Vault Hunter mode, and I'm ready to stop maybe. The next run through, Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, is totally reliant on slag. If you don't use slag, you run out of ammo on every mob.

I didn't even make it to the first boss before I just went back to finish up side mission on True mode - get some more Badass Rank and stuff.
 #110842  by cunnalingus
 Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:11 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:05 am
I'm all the way through True Vault Hunter mode, and I'm ready to stop maybe. The next run through, Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, is totally reliant on slag. If you don't use slag, you run out of ammo on every mob.

I didn't even make it to the first boss before I just went back to finish up side mission on True mode - get some more Badass Rank and stuff.
Man, I think im gonna install it on my xbone one x this weekend for something to do. I totally forgot about that game
HolidayFriday liked this
 #111309  by Tim_Kerr
 Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:26 am
Far Cry 5 Includes Mission to Steal Trump Pee Tape

Code phrase for mission completion: "The bed has been wet"
Also:
"Follow the target down the yellow brick road"
"Ironic as this may sound, this is not a wetworks mission"

*puts on boycott vest* ubisoft won't be getting any of my money 8-) 8-)