• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #78039  by Kumacho
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:28 pm
PlusCaChange wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:16 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:55 am
Obama inherited a mess, turned it around and republicans gave the credit to Bush...

Trump takes over with unemployment at 4.6% and it continues the trend to 4.3%. Trump gets the credit. Seriously?
The statistic which really counts on jobs is the percentage of the workforce employed. The unemployment rate is deceptive because it is merely the number of people collecting unemployment benefit and does not include people who have stopped looking for work. Likewise the job creation rate is only significant in the context of the change in size of the workforce.

Added in 4 minutes 1 second:

This is a graph of the percentage of the working age population employed.
Both show the same trends. Obama administration gets no credit for what they did.

And yes, most people do not realize that during the great recession many used up all of their benefits and still didn't find work. By looking at the actual employed working age population you can easily see we still have not recovered from the recession.

As a country we need to get back the manufacturing base we had previously. But to do that we need lower cost labor. Where does one get lower cost labor? I can tell you that overseas the US government has no qualms paying international contractors $1.50 an hour. (See Diego Garcia contractors)

Yes, the answer is and always has been immigrants. Let them come, but they do not get minimum wage until they are a citizen. Until they they earn the right to be a citizen by manufacturing and assimilating. I'm not talking the same slave wages the US government plays foreign nationals overseas (Even though they are happy to make that).

We need to do something to make us competitive again and I'm afraid labor is a huge part of the issue. Many of those I mentioned who are still not employed have done so because they are unwilling to accept lower waged jobs.

As a nation we are fat, spoiled and lazy.
cunnalingus liked this
 #78052  by PlusCaChange
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm
Both show the same trends. Obama administration gets no credit for what they did.
There is a similar trend but the picture is much less positive. I don't know enough economics to say whether the Obama administration made things worse or kept them from being worse.

It's not that I don't understand current and past economic theory and history it's more that the question is shrouded in so much politics and bullshit I can't find the bottom of it.
 #78055  by PlusCaChange
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:22 pm
I have a good friend who knows everything. I don't know if you know him, but his name is google.
Google has information but lack of information is not the problem. All the facts can tell you is things were much better when he took office than when he left but interpretation is required to determine the answer to questions like did Obama make things worse or stop them from being even more grim.
 #78057  by kocher
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 pm
Would love to decapitate that obese Lorax lookalike motherfucker. Prime example of why Oompa Loompas need to be euthanized before reaching maturity.
 #78062  by cunnalingus
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:07 pm
PlusCaChange wrote:

Google has information but lack of information is not the problem. All the facts can tell you is things were much better when he took office than when he left but interpretation is required to determine the answer to questions like did Obama make things worse or stop them from being even more grim.
What are you rambling about? I don't give a shit about American politics lol. I'm just stirring the anger pot.
edsbrian liked this
 #78064  by edsbrian
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:12 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:07 pm
PlusCaChange wrote:

What are you rambling about? I don't give a shit about American politics lol. I'm just stirring the anger pot.
With very minimal effort, you still managed to win that argument. Nice work buddy!
 #78070  by BDR529
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:42 pm
kocher wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:45 pm
Would love to decapitate that obese Lorax lookalike motherfucker. Prime example of why Oompa Loompas need to be euthanized before reaching maturity.

Trump would beat you like a rented mule you pussy liberal cuck.
HolidayFriday liked this