• Random Thoughts Thread

• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #1256  by Demeter
 Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:42 am
Anthrax666 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 pm
Just go for a walk. Make a vegan picnic and dont forget your poetry fournal.
Always hated poetry. It's one of my peeves, along with religion, "spirituality", and anime.

Vegan picnic sounds nice but now he's not responding so whatever...
almostapathetic wrote:
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:53 am
Anthrax666 wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:49 pm
Just go for a walk.
We get it, you think I'm unattractive and want to rub it in my face as if I'd ever give a fuck. Let's move on now.
 #1257  by Concerno
 Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:45 am
Jesus, stop talking about veganism already. Nobody gives a rat's ass about what you stuff your face with.
 #1413  by Demeter
 Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:06 pm
I'm really upset because this Indian restaurant near me has seriously decreased the quality of their food while simultaneously DOUBLING the price of their food. And they don't even do delivery for free for orders over $30 anymore. But it's the only place I can get vegan food delivered from unless I want some nasty thin crust cheeseless pizza from Domino's. No thanks.

Ughhhh. I want food but I don't have time to get ingredients and prepare a legit meal myself. Today all I had to eat was chips with beans, guacamole, and salsa. Which sounds alright except for the fact I had the same thing yesterday and the chips are for some reason ridiculously salty and something about either the beans or the avocado tasted off.
Concerno wrote:
Jesus, stop talking about veganism already. Nobody gives a rat's ass about what you stuff your face with.
You're rude and that's not entirely true.
 #1414  by Tim_Kerr
 Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:23 pm
Food was ok no more than that, I expected way more. Ordered a vegetable sabzi in red curry, had to ask for salt to add, and actually forced myself to eat because I was hungry but didn't enjoy the food.
Ordered a side $3 salad got 3 pieces of American cucumber and 4 slices of onion and 3 lemon wedges... I honestly expected way more by the menus looks and how the place looks from inside (cozy). Food had no soul, being honest without any fluff.
I'm leaving unsatisfied. I don't think I have a high expectation when it comes to food, I simply wish for a cook to take pride in what they do, rather than just throw out a dish that's sorta kinda wanna be, and charge me $13 for a small bowl of veggies (part from a can) and a small cup of white rice. You wanna be authentic, be it all the way and don't cut corners. A side note for about he restaurant business in the US in general: of your buying your produce and supplies from Sysco then your not buying real food, you are buying low grade GMO, highly processed, low nutrient, zero soul, toxic "food", which adds nothing to the body and no chef with pride in their work and care in what they serve, would ever stand behind. End of rant.
 #1424  by Concerno
 Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 pm
Demeter wrote:
Concerno wrote:
The truth hurts, doesn't it. That's the only problem I have with vegans: they seem to think the entire world cares about their identitary choice. You're not any more interesting than anyone else because of that.
 #1425  by Demeter
 Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:44 pm
Concerno wrote:
Demeter wrote:
Concerno wrote:
The truth hurts, doesn't it. That's the only problem I have with vegans: they seem to think the entire world cares about their identitary choice. You're not any more interesting than anyone else because of that.

Interesting? What makes you prioritize that characteristic?

Actually most of us know the majority of the world doesn't care, but that won't stop us from speaking up for animals, or in this case just talking about our day or food and making sure to include the world "vegan" in front of whatever we're eating or buying or dating so people don't accidentally confuse us for degenerates. It's a huge, core part of my personality and if you have a problem with that, too bad I guess because I'm not going to change just because you whine about it.
 #1426  by Concerno
 Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 pm
Demeter wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:44 pm
Concerno wrote:
Demeter wrote:

Interesting? What makes you prioritize that characteristic?

Actually most of us know the majority of the world doesn't care, but that won't stop us from speaking up for animals, or in this case just talking about our day or food and making sure to include the world "vegan" in front of whatever we're eating or buying or dating so people don't accidentally confuse us for degenerates. It's a huge, core part of my personality and if you have a problem with that, too bad I guess because I'm not going to change just because you whine about it.
So you admit you find it necessary to flaunt your veganism whenever possible. You could easily speak up for animals without mentioning your dietary choices every single fucking time. Vegetarians do it all the time, as do animal-loving meat eaters.

You choose to eat vegan every day. That's your 'claim to fame'. The rest of the world doesn't give a shit and only minds vegans because most of them are holier-than-thou attention seekers who don't have a personality other than the one they shove into their mouths.

I really don't give a fuck about what other people eat. Why do others need to care about what I eat? Because you judge people based on that? Someone eating the eggs of some chickens he raised is a degenerate for not belonging to your little club?
 #1430  by almostapathetic
 Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:06 am
Concerno wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 pm
The rest of the world doesn't give a shit and only minds vegans because most of them are holier-than-thou attention seekers who don't have a personality other than the one they shove into their mouths.
Spot on. Proof in 3...2...1...