#1439  by Demeter
 Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:41 am
Concerno wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 pm
Demeter wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:44 pm
Concerno wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 pm

The truth hurts, doesn't it. That's the only problem I have with vegans: they seem to think the entire world cares about their identitary choice. You're not any more interesting than anyone else because of that.

Interesting? What makes you prioritize that characteristic?

Actually most of us know the majority of the world doesn't care, but that won't stop us from speaking up for animals, or in this case just talking about our day or food and making sure to include the world "vegan" in front of whatever we're eating or buying or dating so people don't accidentally confuse us for degenerates. It's a huge, core part of my personality and if you have a problem with that, too bad I guess because I'm not going to change just because you whine about it.
So you admit you find it necessary to flaunt your veganism whenever possible. You could easily speak up for animals without mentioning your dietary choices every single fucking time. Vegetarians do it all the time, as do animal-loving meat eaters.
You choose to eat vegan every day. That's your 'claim to fame'. The rest of the world doesn't give a shit and only minds vegans because most of them are holier-than-thou attention seekers who don't have a personality other than the one they shove into their mouths.

I really don't give a fuck about what other people eat. Why do others need to care about what I eat? Because you judge people based on that? Someone eating the eggs of some chickens he raised is a degenerate for not belonging to your little club?
Yes.

Ignorance excuses you from being judged to an extent though. Like in that case where you deliberately took a less extreme form of abuse to try to claim I'm somehow unreasonable...they might not know the hens they bought come from hatcheries where the male chicks die horrific deaths on their first day of life, often through grinding them alive, bits of them chopped off at a time as they pop through the machine. They might not know that hens are bred to overproduce which causes health problems and they're still funding the industry that severely abuses animals. In that case I wouldn't judge them, no. Will I think it's disgusting and there are way better things to eat and feel sorry for them and the chickens whose eggs they're stealing? Yeah.

You're more concerned about who I judge than who I defend, and that's just really sad.
 #1443  by Concerno
 Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:03 am
I grew up in something close to a farming village, and I never knew someone that grinded male chicks alive. Could it be that you're trying to exaggerate how widespread certain horrors are to make your point?

Also, lol about the 'stealing eggs'. Eggs without chicks inside are useless for anything except eating.
 #1446  by Demeter
 Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:12 am
Concerno wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:03 am
I grew up in something close to a farming village, and I never knew someone that grinded male chicks alive. Could it be that you're trying to exaggerate how widespread certain horrors are to make your point?

Also, lol about the 'stealing eggs'. Eggs without chicks inside are useless for anything except eating.
I worked with farmers, have spoken to investigators, both federal and undercover, factory farmers themselves, standard practice used to be listed on the USDA website before Trump got into office, and I've seen literally hundreds of undercover investigations from the U.S. alone....

No. I'm not exaggerating. Grinding male chicks alive is standard practice. Other methods include gassing, just tossing them in the trash, and more recently just dumping them to die in the cold.

You don't know anyone because the farmers get their chicks from the hatcheries that do it. And your comment is completely irrelevant anyway since obviously they wouldn't go bragging to outsiders about how they grind chicks alive. (Although actually a lot of the farmers I knew would do that, but they only do that around people who are working with them, not people they're selling products to obviously.)
 #1669  by Demeter
 Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:25 pm
I ate a greasy spring roll that lacked much flavor other than grease and the sauce. Vegetables offered a fairly unpleasant texture but not much flavor. It was like mostly mung beans and mushroom and very few carrots or cabbage.

Now I can't get the taste out of my mouth. I wish I had bought some vegan gum while I was at the store. I thought about it too but then I was like, "Nah that's a waste of money." I had no idea that spring roll was going to be so gross.