• Can I Sue (Freedom of Speech)

• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #583  by PastorX
 Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:33 am
Can I sue this forum if I posted something that did not break any of the rules and the mod's deleted it?
 #806  by PepperPeanut
 Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:49 pm
I know you're joking, but it does blow my mind how much people seem to think the first amendment applies to the forums or the comments section of a website.
 #1131  by Concerno
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:14 am
PepperPeanut wrote:
I know you're joking, but it does blow my mind how much people seem to think the first amendment applies to the forums or the comments section of a website.

It applies to everything, you dirty communist.
 #1172  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:27 am
Concerno wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:14 am
PepperPeanut wrote:

It applies to everything, you dirty communist.

Not in the way people seems to think it does.

If a site decides they want to ban certain words or delete some comments or even remove their comments altogether (Vice, NYT and many others) they have every right to. That is not a violation of the first amendment (as so many people seem to think it does).
 #1176  by Mateo
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:38 am
Yeah, definitely lawyer up!

Just so happens that I practice law and this type of case is my specialty. I usually charge 225$/hour and cases like these usually go for a bottom line of 7500-12000$.

For you though, I'll wave all fees with regard to file preparation and travel feels. I'll even pay the taxes if you do 1 lump sum payment. You can wire the money to my paypal and I'll give you all the legal advice 5000$ can pay for.

Let me know.

(by replying to this post, you agree to waive all rights to pursue legal actions against Mateo and his affiliates, now and forever. You also accept to pay -reply fees- in full before the end of the next trimester. Payments are to be made through paypal or other trusted wire transfer services.)