• Favorite cheap beer

• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #50300  by Purple_Roundy
 Thu May 18, 2017 4:32 pm
I have to go with natty light. You can get an 18 pack for 10 bucks, where as Bud Light or Miller light are 12 bucks for a 12 pack. Hell, sometimes i go for Busch light when the thirty pack goes on sale around Memorial day for 15 smackers.
 #50331  by Hakik
 Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 pm
Out of all the shitty cheap beers that taste the same I usually go with Miller or Corona or Coors. But honestly it doesn't make much of a difference. I really hate Bud and Stella in that category, even though they pretty much taste the same as all the others. They're extra shitty.

Out of the cheap beers that aren't really shitty, I like to go with Yuengling or Sam Adams. Or if I'm in Europe, Leffe or Hoegaarden (they're even cheaper than Bud over there).
 #50333  by mrsquirtlejeans
 Thu May 18, 2017 7:59 pm
Hakik wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 7:36 pm
Out of all the shitty cheap beers that taste the same I usually go with Miller or Corona or Coors. But honestly it doesn't make much of a difference. I really hate Bud and Stella in that category, even though they pretty much taste the same as all the others. They're extra shitty.

Out of the cheap beers that aren't really shitty, I like to go with Yuengling or Sam Adams. Or if I'm in Europe, Leffe or Hoegaarden (they're even cheaper than Bud over there).
Yuengling is pretty good. I also like St. Paulie girl or even Shiner Bock here and there.
 #50357  by pirate
 Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm
Johnny Walker Black or don't drink anything. GOD FUCKING DAMN it must suck to be poor.
 #50369  by thatdude69er
 Thu May 18, 2017 9:15 pm
It really does depends on how you define inexpensive, as I've seen a lot of beers from big name breweries (BBC, SN, Stone, etc.) jump in price over the past couple of years to where most 4/6pks of the highly rated porters/stouts are around $9-10 bucks.

$9 or $10 for a 4pk is inexpensive to me since I only buy one or two a month at the very most... and even then that is rare.

But I would probably say:
FBS $10.49/4 (has to be my favorite, would jump at this price any time because of how good FBS is)
Brooklyn BCS or North Coast Old Rasputin, each @ $9.99/4 (good value for quality and ABV too)

For even more value:
Sam Adams Cream Stout - $8.99/6 (when I'm headed to a party or bbq)
Pilsner Urquell 4pk 16oz cans - $4.99 (when I want something light to pair with grilling, watching the game)

Usual suspects for inexpensive beers:
Sierra Nevada - particularly the Torpedo but especially the Pale Ale in the '80s and '90s; still like it, still buy it and it is the go to beer as it's widely available. Find it at every wedding reception. It holds better in bottles than Stone so Sierra Nevada is the one in my fridge.
Anchor Steam - what got me through until Sierra Nevada came about though Anchor was damn difficult to find; still like it and still buy it when I can find it (on tap at Barney's in Westwood; Go Bruins). Tough to find in bottles buy always buy some for the fridge when I do.
Pilsner Urquell - one of the few lagers I can stomach (along with the steams). Not counting the steams, the ONLY lager I'll drink are the pilsners. Try to keep some of these on-hand for guests who were dropped on their heads as children.
Chimay - too sweet for me now but I knew I was making a decent living when I could drink this any damn time I felt like it. Now I just load up my luggage when I visit Westvleteren, and I can spell Westvleteren without looking it up in my beer dictionary :) Will still buy some on occasion and keep in the fridge. Looks damn good in those Chimay glasses, and people love the Chimay bottles.
San Miguel - in the late '70s when I was feeling flush at 21 and 22 years of age. Thanks to youcantmakeme for the memory prompt, and I think I'll grab some after football season as I only drink ale from growlers from Alpine and Ballast Point during football. Use to be in my fridge and I think it will make a small comeback.
Dos Equis - go to years and years ago when San Miguel wasn't available. Good memories, and still buy it occasionally but my tastes have changed considerably.
Inexpensive beers I use to keep in the refrigerator, and that almost made me swear off beer:
St. Pauligirl
Tuborg
Heineken (relative to prices nowadays)
Anything Miller
Anything Budweiser
Anything Rainier, Olympia, etc.
Anything Coors, the crappiest beer to ever grace these shores
I don't drink a lot of beer but it's going to be a damn good beer even if I'm having one glass. Life is too damn short to drink crappy beer. And it's still damn cheap when you compare it to good wine. I just refuse to drink sh!tty beer. What's the point?
 #50374  by Tim_Kerr
 Thu May 18, 2017 9:34 pm
what's with all this 4pk stuff.. u shove 2 in your asshole before u make it home?
 #50376  by cunnalingus
 Thu May 18, 2017 9:48 pm
pirate wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:51 pm
Johnny Walker Black or don't drink anything. GOD FUCKING DAMN it must suck to be poor.
Says the guy who thinks hormel corned beef in a tin is gourmet food.
Anthrax666 liked this
 #50377  by pirate
 Thu May 18, 2017 9:50 pm
When you have money you can eat and drink what you want. Yes, corned beef is delicious. You've obviously never made my recipe. Why don't you go to the grocery store and educate yourself tonight?