• Bragging Thread

• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #50422  by Concerno
 Fri May 19, 2017 12:09 am
Intelligence and genes. My promotor was a badass professor Developmental Psychology. He made my life a living hell for about 8 months, but I think he kind of liked me. I was a bit different from most of the others (classes full of girls). I first wanted to write purely about intelligence and race, but he warned me that kind of research would be unerwünscht by the university.
 #50426  by Demeter
 Fri May 19, 2017 12:22 am
Concerno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:09 am
Intelligence and genes. My promotor was a badass professor Developmental Psychology. He made my life a living hell for about 8 months, but I think he kind of liked me. I was a bit different from most of the others (classes full of girls). I first wanted to write purely about intelligence and race, but he warned me that kind of research would be unerwünscht by the university.
Why did you want to choose that? Are you racist?
 #50428  by Concerno
 Fri May 19, 2017 12:29 am
Nope, I thought it was interesting. Science should be free, but alas it isn't. A part of my conclusions was pretty grim. I even got quoted by the wannabe-scientists of sociology.
 #50431  by Demeter
 Fri May 19, 2017 12:31 am
Concerno wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:29 am
Nope, I thought it was interesting. Science should be free, but alas it isn't. A part of my conclusions was pretty grim. I even got quoted by the wannabe-scientists of sociology.
What part of your conclusions was pretty grim?
 #50437  by Concerno
 Fri May 19, 2017 12:36 am
Something like this, it's been quite a few years. The Western-European working class will forever be working class. The democratization of higher education is pretty much complete among the native population (especially in countries like Belgium and the Scandinavian nations), which means that those with the capacity for it, have already achieved it. This doesn't apply for people with an immigration backround (yet).
 #50439  by Demeter
 Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 am
Concerno wrote:
Something like this, it's been quite a few years. The Western-European working class will forever be working class. The democratization of higher education is pretty much complete among the native population (especially in countries like Belgium and the Scandinavian nations), which means that those with the capacity for it, have already achieved it. This doesn't apply for people with an immigration backround (yet).
I want to read it now tbh.
 #50440  by mrsquirtlejeans
 Fri May 19, 2017 12:44 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 12:41 am
Concerno wrote:
I want to read it now tbh.
Me too, post it please.
 #50474  by cunnalingus
 Fri May 19, 2017 8:54 am
I don't want to brag or anything but I can hop on one foot while twirling the raised leg counter clockwise while patting my head and rubbing my stomach clockwise