This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #58755  by Demeter
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:23 pm
pirate wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:07 pm
Demeter wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:48 pm
Should've gone vegan. :)
You have to imagine what Demeter would've been like 150 years ago or longer, when being vegan wasn't really an option. You know that she'd find something else to be annoying as fuck about though.

At least in those days you could slap the shit out of women...
Leonardo da Vinci was vegan and outspoken about it. So I'd be like Leonardo da Vinci.
 #58758  by Hakik
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 pm
Demeter wrote:

Leonardo da Vinci was vegan and outspoken about it. So I'd be like Leonardo da Vinci.
:lol: What school is giving you straight As?

I highly doubt that since he liked to dissect animals, and used some of the carcass and byproduct to build things, also brushes and some of the pigments of paints used animal byproducts. Not to mention that leather wasn't just widely used for clothes but for books too. You must have read that on some bullshit vegan blog. I can assure you, I used to teach art history, and he definitely wasn't outspoken about veganism.

Nice try tho. But veganism is a modern concept from just recent decades. Nobody in the old days was vegan. There might have been some vegetarians, but it's too unrealistic of a diet and lifestyle to live on in a time where they don't make boca burgers, tofurkey, and complicated processed food artificially infused with vitamins and nutrients so that people don't die of malnutrition from going vegan.
Concerno liked this
 #58759  by mrsquirtlejeans
 Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:37 pm
I posted a story earlier about a vegan who beat Hashimoto's disease by adding meat back to their diet. She probably won't even consider it though.

In fact, here it is:

"I was vegetarian for 13 years and then through diet elimination removed dairy from my diet. After that, I went Vegan. During the same time, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. I was working with a Naturopath and we went through pulling every food I had an intolerance to out of my diet. 6 months later, and at this point gluten-free vegan, my levels had stopped improving. I made the difficult decision to give meat a go and see if my levels improved. To my astonishment, within six weeks of eating meat, my levels improved and eventually moved into a good range. My Hashimoto’s went into remission, and today I still have normal anti-body levels."
 #58765  by Demeter
 Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:01 am
Hakik wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:35 pm
Demeter wrote:

:lol: What school is giving you straight As?

I highly doubt that since he liked to dissect animals, and used some of the carcass and byproduct to build things, also brushes and some of the pigments of paints used animal byproducts. Not to mention that leather wasn't just widely used for clothes but for books too. You must have read that on some bullshit vegan blog. I can assure you, I used to teach art history, and he definitely wasn't outspoken about veganism.

Nice try tho. But veganism is a modern concept from just recent decades. Nobody in the old days was vegan. There might have been some vegetarians, but it's too unrealistic of a diet and lifestyle to live on in a time where they don't make boca burgers, tofurkey, and complicated processed food artificially infused with vitamins and nutrients so that people don't die of malnutrition from going vegan.
Do more research. There were lots of vegans back then. It's not difficult to be vegan on a whole foods diet at all. And I'm sure their environment was dirty enough to get plenty of B12.

mrsquirtlejeans wrote:I posted a story earlier about a vegan who beat Hashimoto's disease by adding meat back to their diet. She probably won't even consider it though.

In fact, here it is:

"I was vegetarian for 13 years and then through diet elimination removed dairy from my diet. After that, I went Vegan. During the same time, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s. I was working with a Naturopath and we went through pulling every food I had an intolerance to out of my diet. 6 months later, and at this point gluten-free vegan, my levels had stopped improving. I made the difficult decision to give meat a go and see if my levels improved. To my astonishment, within six weeks of eating meat, my levels improved and eventually moved into a good range. My Hashimoto’s went into remission, and today I still have normal anti-body levels."
Yeah nice anecdotal "evidence". There's absolutely no science to back this up. You should have seen the red flag as soon as they said they worked with a "Naturopath." :lol: This dummy knows nothing about nutrition and now is trying to confuse people when they don't even know what happened in their bodies.

My sister went vegan specifically because it helped with her Hashimoto's symptoms, and was always recommending I do it too. Sadly didn't care about health at that time, otherwise I would have gone vegan sooner.
 #58768  by pirate
 Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:27 am
So, just a quick google search has pro-vegan websites claiming that Leonardo Da Vinci was a vegan...but unbiased sources say that he never wrote anything about his diet. There is a phrase that is misquoted, saying
"Truly man is the king of beasts, for his brutality exceeds them. We live by the death of others. We are burial places! I have since an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men will look upon the murder of animals as they look upon the murder of man."
But this was actually written by a Russian author hundreds of years after he died. So, according to credible sources, there's no way for us to really know what he ate.

Either way, even if he was vegan, which he wasn't, it wouldn't be a sign of intelligence. What if einstein was a child molester?

Cite a non-vegan website source to show that Leonardo da Vinci was vegan or concede and STFU forever.
 #58770  by Demeter
 Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:37 am
I didn't research it in depth. I'm not aware of a www.scholar.google.com for looking up da Vinci's diet, so I kind of just go by what the majority of websites say. I'll admit they could easily be wrong though, sure. Lots of other famous vegetarians back in the day though, I'm sure not all of them are made up stories.
 #58773  by pirate
 Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:50 am
Leonardo da Vinci was vegan and outspoken about it
So I call her on her bullshit...
I didn't research it in depth. I go by what the majority of websites say. I'll admit they could easily be wrong though.
No, not the majority of pro-vegan websites...cite a real source. You know, like you would for school if you were doing a research paper or something. You've done one of those haven't you, Miss Smarter than everyone else?
I go by what the majority of websites say
Not a majority of BS...one SINGLE credible source or STFU (dumb, basic byotch).
 #58777  by Demeter
 Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:00 am
mrsquirtlejeans wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:57 am
Demeter wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:54 am
I don't care enough. I have more important things to research.
Yet you suffer from a disease that a little meat could easily cure.
Yeah no. There's nothing in meat that I can't get from a vegan diet that would cure my Hashimoto's disease lmao. My mom and sister both have Hashimoto's disease and my mom still eats meat. I developed it as a meat eater as well - since age 9. And considering I've felt my absolute best on a vegan diet and so has my sister - not eager to start torturing animals just to feel like shit again. Thanks though.