• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #77816  by Demeter
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:52 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:44 pm
Metal_Pig wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:43 pm
why havent vegans been rounded up into concentration camps?
Because they are too weak from malnutrition to be a concern.
I'd like you to say that to his guy's face:

#77817  by cunnalingus
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:53 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:38 pm

One of my favorite flavors in the entire world is elk back strap.
Theres an Amish like community on the North East British Columbia-Alberta border that invites hunters (with hunting license for non status indians, or no license for status indians) to come on to their lands and hunt all the elk you're legally allowed. Since they cannot hunt the meat they need people to cull the herds because they eat all their crops and the elk run rampant everywhere up there. They even put you up for free, feed you and butcher the meat and package it for free for you and send you on your way when you're all done.

Added in 43 seconds:
Demeter wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:52 pm

I'd like you to say that to his guy's face:
The dude looks like he'd probably try to suck your dick for some protein.
 #77818  by Demeter
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:57 pm
You should see his vegan girlfriend. I'd be jealous but aside from the fact that he's vegan and incredibly attractive, he's not actually my type. Too "peaceful" for me.
 #77831  by kocher
 Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:28 pm
Hakik wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:18 pm
kocher wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:10 pm
Yep. Veganism has seen a 500% increase in the past few years. Better hop on the train now boys.
That's because it's another fad diet.

Like I showed before, extreme and fad diets keep ending up getting disproven by leading experts, as they are not what we are naturally biologically supposed to eat, and usually makes you avoid too many key foods (which still have nutritional value), and narrow down your diet to too little variety.

Ultimately, what nutritionists and experts have always been able to agree on, is balance and variety is the key to an ideal diet, not extremes.
Not quite. Unlike fad diets, veganism doesn't seek to exclude anything nutritionally-wise, it only seeks to exclude the use of animal products. I won't pretend that omnivorous and vegan diets don't differ in nutrition, that's why we especially rely on supplementation -- through that supplementation we can reach a fully balanced diet.

As far as what we're "naturally biologically supposed to eat," we haven't shared the same foods with our ancestors in centuries. Instead of cross-breeding plants, we now do it in labs with genomes wherein we can selectively breed for better features including nutrition and taste. 90% of our crops are genetically modified, which is also going into your meat.