• Making America great again

• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #78096  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:45 pm
kocher wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 pm
Trump hadn't even enacted any fiscal policies during his first month. You can thank the government's transfer of cash on hand to one guy :lol:
After reading into the matter, I guess you're right about Trump. However, Obama wasn't responsible either, so you should probably read a bit more about it, too.

Either way, the debt has fallen something like $102 billion since Trump took office, and according to sources, it's because they've frozen spending at the debt cap. We're yet to see if he pulls an increase in spending next year as compared to Obama who set all the records on overspending and broke them again.

Obama spending policies :lol:

You know what I'd like to know? How it is that Trump's first military endeavor was planned by Obama. Don't you think it's strange that Obama had a "boots on the ground" mission all setup for a couple of months into the next presidency?

You remember the mission. It's the one that killed 24 civilians for intel?
 #78100  by Tim_Kerr
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:58 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
kocher wrote:
Trump hadn't even enacted any fiscal policies during his first month. You can thank the government's transfer of cash on hand to one guy :lol:
After reading into the matter, I guess you're right about Trump. However, Obama wasn't responsible either, so you should probably read a bit more about it, too.

Either way, the debt has fallen something like $102 billion since Trump took office, and according to sources, it's because they've frozen spending at the debt cap. We're yet to see if he pulls an increase in spending next year as compared to Obama who set all the records on overspending and broke them again.
your ass?

The national debt exceeded $20 trillion for the first time ever on Friday, the same day President Trump signed a bill into law that suspended the debt ceiling and allowed unlimited federal borrowing.

The debt ceiling had been frozen at about $19.84 trillion since mid-March, and the Treasury Department was forced to use "extraordinary measures" to prevent borrowing from exceeding that level.

But with Trump's signature on Friday, the debt ceiling was suspended, and the Treasury Department immediately began borrowing money to fill the more than five months of pent-up demand.

The total national debt jumped $318 billion and now stands at $20.162 trillion as of Friday, according to data released Monday. Data on the national debt is released each business day and reflects the status of the debt on the previous business day.
 #78330  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:18 pm
Tim_Kerr wrote:
your ass?
Seriously, that's the explanation given for the debt falling. In a fact check,
We have checked these numbers and set them in context, and found that the national debt did indeed fall by $102 billion between 20 January and the end of July 2017. This decline is also historically remarkable, in both absolute and percentage terms. This six-month fall in the national debt is also significant when measured against the size of the overall economy.

Jared Bernstein, a senior fellow at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities and former economic adviser to Vice President Joe Biden, dismissed any claims that President Trump is responsible:

"Trump hasn’t legislated anything that would have any impact on the fiscal accounts, so it simply doesn’t make sense on the face it. "

Instead, Bernstein told us, the cause of the drop in the debt is simple — the federal debt ceiling that has been in place since March 2017.

"If you look at a plot of the total debt right now, it’s holding steady at the limit, because to go over the limit is unconstitutional. So you either have to engage in extraordinary measures or eventually default, and the latter is unimaginable so right now Treasury is engaged in the former.

That is, they are delaying or suspending various payments that need to be made, particularly within some of their intra-governmental accounts… By those measures, they can hold the national debt where it is for a certain amount of time.
"

Eventually, Bernstein says, the debt ceiling will have to be lifted, and the payments that had been delayed will cause the national debt to increase once again.
 #78458  by JohnnyP
 Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:58 am
Tim_Kerr wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:
kocher wrote:

your ass?

The national debt exceeded $20 trillion for the first time ever on Friday, the same day President Trump signed a bill into law that suspended the debt ceiling and allowed unlimited federal borrowing.

The debt ceiling had been frozen at about $19.84 trillion since mid-March, and the Treasury Department was forced to use "extraordinary measures" to prevent borrowing from exceeding that level.

But with Trump's signature on Friday, the debt ceiling was suspended, and the Treasury Department immediately began borrowing money to fill the more than five months of pent-up demand.

The total national debt jumped $318 billion and now stands at $20.162 trillion as of Friday, according to data released Monday. Data on the national debt is released each business day and reflects the status of the debt on the previous business day.
It's cute when you talk about US politics. I'm sure the guys at the truck stop love your pillow talk.
BDR529 liked this
 #78465  by Tim_Kerr
 Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:21 am
JohnnyP wrote:

It's cute when you talk about US politics. I'm sure the guys at the truck stop love your pillow talk.
At-least I don't fall for fake news :lol: :lol: :lol: How many times have u thought that your so smart posting something only to have it disproved. But carry on posting your cuckservative n̶e̶w̶s̶ opinions
 #78467  by edsbrian
 Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 am
Tim_Kerr wrote:
JohnnyP wrote:

At-least I don't fall for fake news :lol: :lol: :lol: How many times have u thought that your so smart posting something only to have it disproved. But carry on posting your cuckservative n̶e̶w̶s̶ opinions

I think you're both boring as fuck :roll: :roll: :roll:
 #78468  by JohnnyP
 Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:25 am
Tim_Kerr wrote:
JohnnyP wrote:

Someone's got a bad case of the grumms