• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #78074  by Kumacho
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:49 pm
PlusCaChange wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:40 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:22 pm
I have a good friend who knows everything. I don't know if you know him, but his name is google.
Google has information but lack of information is not the problem. All the facts can tell you is things were much better when he took office than when he left but interpretation is required to determine the answer to questions like did Obama make things worse or stop them from being even more grim.
There is no denying that when he took office things were in a tailspin. I don't agree with many of the actions that were taken, however that automotive bailout did save a lot of jobs. Being our only real manufacturing sector saving it was imperative. So while I'm not a fan of the bailouts, they did have a positive effect.
 #78083  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:09 pm
What Obama did about the economy was...

*drum roll*

Nothing. He left unemployment at about 10% until it became an election issue. Local business where running campaigns like "just one more" where they would try to hire just one more person, and people were soaking up damage from their own economic tragedies as the banks and corporations slowly found ways to heal themselves.

What America did was recover, and what Democrats won't say out loud is that the disaster was entirely their fault. Barney Frank and company made sure there weren't any safeguards in place for the housing bubble no matter what Congressional Republicans said. In fact Barney Frank was the guy who introduced a measure to keep the Republicans from mentioning the housing bubble again, citing the "ebb and flow" of prices and how real estate could not possibly cause a problem like the dot com bubble. Once the housing bubble burst, all of the Democrats took to the airwaves asking, "Why didn't the Republicans do anything to stop this?"

That's how we got the Republican Majority throughout Obama's presidency.
 #78084  by edsbrian
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:12 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:

*drum roll*

Nothing. He left unemployment at about 10% until it became an election issue. Local business where running campaigns like "just one more" where they would try to hire just one more person, and people were soaking up damage from their own economic tragedies as the banks and corporations slowly found ways to heal themselves.

What America did was recover, and what Democrats won't say out loud is that the disaster was entire their fault. Barney Frank and company made sure there weren't any safeguards in place for the housing bubble no matter what Congressional Republicans said. In fact Barney Frank was the guy who introduced a measure to keep the Republicans from mentioning the housing bubble again, citing the "ebb and flow" of prices and how real estate could not possibly cause a problem like the dot com bubble. Once the housing bubble burst, all of the Democrats took to the airwaves asking, "Why didn't the Republicans do anything to stop this?"

Wake me up when you're done being boring.
joecaca liked this
 #78086  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:15 pm
edsbrian wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:

*drum roll*

What America did was recover, and what Democrats won't say out loud is that the disaster was entire their fault. Barney Frank and company made sure there weren't any safeguards in place for the housing bubble no matter what Congressional Republicans said. In fact Barney Frank was the guy who introduced a measure to keep the Republicans from mentioning the housing bubble again, citing the "ebb and flow" of prices and how real estate could not possibly cause a problem like the dot com bubble. Once the housing bubble burst, all of the Democrats took to the airwaves asking, "Why didn't the Republicans do anything to stop this?"

Oh, I'm sorry. That's boring you.

#78088  by kocher
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:49 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:15 pm
edsbrian wrote:
HolidayFriday wrote:

*drum roll*

Oh, I'm sorry. That's boring you.

Trump hadn't even enacted any fiscal policies during his first month. You can thank the government's transfer of cash on hand to one guy :lol:
 #78089  by Kumacho
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:53 pm
Why didn't you fuckers just start a 9/11 or illuminati thread. They are more fun than any of these stupid politics threads.

You see, I'm a firm believer in what Lewis Black says, I'm neither republican nor democrat because I refuse to be wrong 50% of the time.
AngryGeriatric liked this
 #78090  by mrsmommyjeans
 Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:06 pm
Okay well I hate to weigh in but fact of the matter is alls obama had to do to spurk the economy was leave office. Everybody know his ppl believe in "rewarding friends and punishing enemies" and keepin a boot on the neck of american businesses. Deciding who wins and who loses. Makin coal companies go bankrupt and giving solyndra $500,000,000 of OUR DAMN MONEY for example. You pay tribute to the DNC or good luck with the regulators.

Trump has taken the boot off the neck and leveled the playin field for american businesses. The markets know this. Employers know this. They're not afraid of having the screws put to them by the state anymore.

Obama and the dems believe in stwict gubmint control of the economy. You better believe this effects how ppl run their businesses and even whether or not to open one.

As for obama "saving" the country from another great depression? Pure spegulation at best. That fool knows jack shit about economics. Trillion dollar 'stimulus' that fizzled and farted, a healthcare bill that was sold as a jobs bill and proved to be massively disruptive to a million businesses and tens of millions of americans. Barely able to break 2 pct growth for his entire 8 years. I could go on and on.

I won't say that he was ALL bad. But you can have your Bathhouse Barry approach, and I will stick to my Ronny Reagan one. He gave the economy what it needed to grow, then grew gubmint aftawuds. Obama did the opposite and we had shit results cuz of it.

His greatest legacy is having run up as much debt as ALL PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS COMBINED and having JACK SQUAT to show for it. He hit the pause button on growing our economy and FF on the growth and power o GUBMINT!

Oh and I know nubdy even gone read dis here. :lol: :o I just had to weigh in a little. ;)
BDR529 liked this