• I bought a cheap bandsaw on craigslist.

• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #83770  by mrhotdogjeans
 Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:06 pm
It was only $20 and its just a bench top one from the 90's. I finally figured out why the blade kept coming off because the wheel banding needed a crown on it. got dang son of um bitch I didn't know that, I thought you just put the blade on and off you go. anyway I broke about 4 blades so far and finally got this shit working. I have a lot of projects to work on and I can't sit here and jack off all day.
 #83772  by SkeetDixon
 Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm
mrhotdogjeans wrote:
It was only $20 and its just a bench top one from the 90's. I finally figured out why the blade kept coming off because the wheel banding needed a crown on it. got dang son of um bitch I didn't know that, I thought you just put the blade on and off you go. anyway I broke about 4 blades so far and finally got this shit working. I have a lot of projects to work on and I can't sit here and jack off all day.
How much do the saw blades cost? Are you a blue collar guy or a hipster? I've got a lot of friends that are taking wood working classes for fun and building furniture and other projects. They are white collar professionals for the most part that make a lot of money.

So what projects ya working on?
 #83775  by mrhotdogjeans
 Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm
Looks like the one I bought is a 10" craftsman band saw. Prices for the blades vary between $10-$20 if you buy them online or in store. I'm just a blue collar dude, I have a little bit of machining experience and I use the saw not for pipe or metal, just cutting plywood no more than 3/4" thick. It's not a replacement for a full sized band saw but it's handy to have if you have any projects on the side. I wouldn't recommend re sawing because it can't handle it unless it's a smaller wood stock. I really want to buy a 3d printer if I ever get the cash. that shit looks fun but very time consuming.
 #83781  by mrhotdogjeans
 Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm
you're right. *grabs gold bond*

Added in 43 seconds:
cunnalingus wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:00 pm
Would have been a lot cooler if you had one of them twirly mustsches, a man bun and listened to old records.
I do have the mustache part down. just need to start collecting records at my goodwill. they have shit tons from all dead peoples houses.
 #83786  by joecaca
 Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:53 pm
SkeetDixon wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:23 pm
mrhotdogjeans wrote:
How much do the saw blades cost? Are you a blue collar guy or a hipster? I've got a lot of friends that are taking wood working classes for fun and building furniture and other projects. They are white collar professionals for the most part that make a lot of money.

So what projects ya working on?
Lol "are you a blue collar guy or a hipster." There you go, it's official! You're a stupid average joe who must always blame "the man." IQ too low to ever be in charge. :D 🎈
 #83798  by SkeetDixon
 Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:05 pm
joecaca wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:53 pm

Lol "are you a blue collar guy or a hipster." There you go, it's official! You're a stupid average joe who must always blame "the man." IQ too low to ever be in charge. :D 🎈
Yes, use your words, Joe! You're doing it! Maybe it's not such a bad thing to be an average "Joe". So proud. You'll be writing entire paragraphs in no time.