• Bitcoin

• This is no safe-space, snowflake.
This is no safe-space, snowflake.
 #88062  by SkeetDixon
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm
Bitcoin is a bet on shit not hitting the fan. It's a bet on the government not trying to seize control of the internet and cryptocurrency transactions. If either of those things happen, it will implode overnight. If they don't, it will continue to increase in value. If it can reach a critical mass of users, perhaps it will gain resistance from government intervention.

Don't the Chinks "mine" bitcoins? The Chinks could hack the system. There has to be some server with all the keys. If the Chinks get into that, it's game over.
 #88178  by JohnnyP
 Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:41 am
The bitcoin bubble is going to pop faster than a teenage girl's cherry on prom night. I cant wait for all the suicides.
 #88181  by Kumacho
 Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 am
JohnnyP wrote:
The bitcoin bubble is going to pop faster than a teenage girl's cherry on prom night. I cant wait for all the suicides.
I'm really afraid of the next bubble collapse. The markets are way over valued at this point and there are too many huge bubbles that could send the economy spinning.

An end to net neutrality could be that trigger that fucks the global economy. It won't take much to shake the entire world to its foundations.

It's going to be Mad Max with the Illuminati sitting on the water and gas.
 #88185  by Hakik
 Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:24 am
Kumacho wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:46 am
JohnnyP wrote:
I'm really afraid of the next bubble collapse. The markets are way over valued at this point and there are too many huge bubbles that could send the economy spinning.

An end to net neutrality could be that trigger that fucks the global economy. It won't take much to shake the entire world to its foundations.

It's going to be Mad Max with the Illuminati sitting on the water and gas.
The prices are high but they're not necessarily overvalued. If you look at the P/E ratio of a lot of these blue chip stocks, they're not not that overvalued. And the ones that are really high, do have real growth potential. Also, a lot of the high prices comes from actual high sales and good quarter earnings. There's been record numbers of positive quarters.

It probably won't crash for a while with the new tax plan. It will give 2018 quarter earnings the chance to look better than 2017, without having to do much effort.

There's been talks about a crash being overdue for the last few years. But this bull market has been a little different than in the past. It's been a cautious bull market with many mini corrections along the way. That's one of the main reasons it's been lasting so long.

But there are several underlying problems in the bond market, and much bigger red flags in the derivatives market. We're also repeating some of the same mistakes with the housing market. And as always, wall street and banks are always doing shady shit we don't even know about that could fuck everything up. So yea, something out there is brewing to send the economy into another disaster.
 #88198  by cunnalingus
 Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:43 am
Hmmmmm yes *smokes cigar and sips expensive scotch*. I say old boy, this intellectual thread in the swamp is quite the informative one. Most indubitably the bubble will burst, by then I’ll be diving in my bitcoin cash out like Scrooge mcduck anyways though old chap.
JohnnyP liked this
 #88206  by Kumacho
 Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:47 am

You know, bitcoin is quite probably a plot by the illuminati to create a new world order under a world government. They are just creating the most powerful currency in the world first.

We're fucked.
 #89136  by Hakik
 Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:05 pm
When I made this thread, Bitcoin was at $9,000. Now it's at $16,000. Hope you all made some money.
 #89137  by AngryGeriatric
 Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm
Can I buy bitcoins with my S&H green stamps? If so, do they come in the nice plastic containers like those coins from the Franklin Mint?