• Elon Musk just released our first look at the new SpaceX Spacesuit

• Where the enlightened come to discuss the latest developments in science and technology.
Where the enlightened come to discuss the latest developments in science and technology.
 #66861  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:01 am

On instagram this morning Elon Musk posted this first look at the suit with this caption:
First picture of SpaceX spacesuit. More in days to follow. Worth noting that this actually works (not a mockup). Already tested to double vacuum pressure. Was incredibly hard to balance esthetics and function. Easy to do either separately.
According to The Verge:
Musk didn’t specify, but the SpaceX suits are meant to be worn by astronauts when riding inside the company’s Dragon Capsule. They’re pressure suits, so they’re not meant for spacewalks, but are worn by astronauts during transport in case the capsule depressurizes. The suits will be worn by NASA astronauts for the commercial crew program when SpaceX starts launching people to and from the International Space Station. In January, Boeing revealed its own spacesuit design that astronauts will wear on route to the ISS.
 #66878  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:43 pm
95percent wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:42 pm
To be more specific, I do not believe in "outer space" or a "universe" as such, no. I believe there is a really high altitude, up in the sky, but that's it. Earth is all there is and the sun really does revolve around us.
I don't really believe you believe this, but I really want it to be true.

What do you think the shape of the earth is?
Kumacho liked this