• Drawing Tablet/School Laptop Help

• Where the enlightened come to discuss the latest developments in science and technology.
Where the enlightened come to discuss the latest developments in science and technology.
 #84988  by Demeter
 Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:50 pm
I need help. I want a laptop or 2-in-1 tablet that I can draw on the screen with (I like to be able to see what I'm drawing as I draw it), and type notes in class without significant strain. The hardest part: I'd like it to be less than or equal to $400. Preferably 4GB or more, 14 inches or less, lightweight (I'm thinking 10-12 inches). Quiet keyboard so I don't annoy people in class, and if possible also a high volume (I'm a bit hard of hearing and prefer not to have to use headphones).

I've been searching forever and I feel like my dream laptop must be out there, but it's just so hard to search through all the laptops that end up not qualifying.

Thanks so much if you can help.
 #85016  by Tim_Kerr
 Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 am
ipad pro ;)
 #85110  by Demeter
 Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:34 pm
Tim_Kerr wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 am
ipad pro ;)
I found a cheap one at AW Center for only 200 bucks but it seems to be a scam site. So tempting though. Says the item is brand new, but it's a sale item which according to their site means no returns accepted. So it would be a huge risk and I'm guessing like a 90% chance of throwing my money down the drain. Too bad.

Added in 15 minutes 49 seconds:
PastorX wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:12 am
buy a used surface pro 4

I'm not sure if it's vegan though
Should I buy this? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Surf ... 2548.l4275

I'm scared to buy used laptops, but that's a great deal if it works well.
 #85703  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 am
Sorry, guys. Demeter isn't really planning on taking anyone's advice. She only started the thread so that she could say that she's in school and drawing things.
 #86343  by lemmiwinx
 Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:24 am
My new laptop came with fingerprint scan verification but it doesn't seem to work on mornings when I have pancakes for breakfast. Can anyone think of a reason this should be?
 #86356  by Demeter
 Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:37 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 am
Sorry, guys. Demeter isn't really planning on taking anyone's advice. She only started the thread so that she could say that she's in school and drawing things.
I might if they actually gave me advice. So far I think I'm just going to get the ASUS Transformer.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XP72P58/ ... C5WPV4PVLI

My mom might actually get me a laptop for Christmas though, so I'm going to wait I guess.
almostapathetic wrote:^
And that she's 'niqqer-rich' with a few hundred dollars in her pocket.

She's basically walking around flashing a hundred and a fifty on the outside of a wad of smaller bills
I'm not bragging about being rich, because I'm not. I'm basically just buying necessities and gifts. Even all the clothes I bought, I really needed because I was starting to look like a poor kid, some of my clothes are so old. Also because winter is coming and I needed warm stuff. And what better time to go shopping when you're technically poor than Black Friday and Cyber Monday?