• What's with the time differential?

• Have a question, concern about the site? Post it here!
Have a question, concern about the site? Post it here!
 #2766  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:34 am
I have NYC time checked in my profile but posts coming and going at 9am show a time stamp of 1pm. Is there any way to correct that?
 #2767  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:02 am
Never mind I found out when you go to the time zone drop down under profile it gives you long confusing lists of cities with the current time at the top. Just pick any city under the time you want it to be.
 #2786  by Concerno
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 am
lemmiwinx wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:02 am
Never mind I found out when you go to the time zone drop down under profile it gives you long confusing lists of cities with the current time at the top. Just pick any city under the time you want it to be.
 #2791  by almostapathetic
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:51 am
lemmiwinx wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:44 am
Thanks my mother is an immigrant from India so I grew up with computers and time zone stuff.
Translation: I clicked on every time zone and then checked to see if it worked each time. It took me 28 minutes.
 #2792  by lemmiwinx
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:58 am
I was using the logical process of elimination until I figured out there was no logic to it when cities like Detroit and San Diego were shown in the same time zone as fucking Nepal. Then I noticed each sub list has the current time at the top. Pick the time not the city and you'll never go wrong.

What do I win?