• Welcome To Our Brand New Forums!

• Have a question, concern about the site? Post it here!
Have a question, concern about the site? Post it here!
 #197  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 pm

The forums are back!

A few things have changed, a bunch of stuff has been improved, and unfortunately, some things have been lost.

One of the jewels in the eBaum's crown has always been the forums. They were around for more than a decade and had a history steeped in trolling, raids, fights with 4chan, amazing photoshop battles, guys creepily begging for nudes, Russians spamming the sale of dick pills, Chinese spammers advertising "brand new nikes" and of course, lots and lots of arguing.

One thing that always sucked though, was that your eBaum's World account and your Forum account were never synced up. Two completely different accounts which lead to frustrations and confusion, and in the end, two completely separate communities. Merging the user databases would have been a MASSIVE headache, so we decided to start a brand new forum that's connected to your eBaum's World account. That way, if you're logged into eBaum's World, you're logged in to the forums.

During this time our old forums, which had grown feral and neglected with time, were hacked. There was a decision made, which was contested, to shut the forums down in favor of just focusing on creating a brand new forum for everyone. There was a lot of fighting about this because it means that we lost years and years of posts and people's reputation levels and honestly, a lot of history. For that, I am deeply sorry. I was originally hired at eBaum's World in 2009 to run those forums. It is a loss that I feel very personally.

That being said, our old forums were neglected. The reason they were neglected was leadership during certain periods felt like the forums were fun, but couldn't be part of our focus because they didn't really fit into any sort of plan. That is no longer the case. We want to build these forums to suit YOU and customize it and grow it based on your recommendations.

Going forward, the old users will notice that the forums will get a lot more love and attention. We're going to be doing a lot more contests, games, and generally be a lot more engaged. For new users, you'll find a lot more room to communicate, collaborate and generally connect with other people. We're building an area that's not just about consumption of content, but about talking shit and having fun and finding someone to marry (it's happened).

Anyway, lets us know your thoughts. We're listening.
 #199  by zurkeyon
 Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:02 pm
"Anyway, lets us know your thoughts. We're listening."

All the Trump BS you people post is getting old... If I wanted to read politics, I WOULDN'T Be on EBAUMS... I'd be on a news site.
Careful... your STRONG liberal BIAS is showing...
 #200  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:08 pm
zurkeyon wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:02 pm
All the Trump BS you people post is getting old... If I wanted to read politics, I WOULDN'T Be on EBAUMS... I'd be on a news site.
Careful... your STRONG liberal BIAS is showing...

We were never trying to hide it. Thanks for the feedback though.
 #206  by kilgore9012
 Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:19 pm
Excellent speech Pepper! Never has there been a more eloquent unveiling. I hope we see a lot of new users as well as the return of everyone's favorites. ;)
 #211  by rockczar
 Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 pm
dude i dont give a shit. i stopped uploading cuz i still havent got a visa from 2014. fuck your contests fuck you and fuck your forums
 #212  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:59 pm
rockczar wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:57 pm
dude i dont give a shit. i stopped uploading cuz i still havent got a visa from 2014. fuck your contests fuck you and fuck your forums

I see that you never sent us info for your visa. We'd be happy to send it if you send that over.

Good to see you, Rock.