• Conservatives: Where do you get your news?

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #55115  by kocher
 Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 pm

This guy's great.
That's more sensationalist fear mongering than "news" (I.E. new information/"facts"). Ignoring the bulk of "us vs them" editorialized fear tactics, let's take a look what little news he provided:
Islamic terrorists have killed 1263 people in the last 23 days alone
Completely unsubstantiated. He pulled this number out of his ass. He and he alone are the propagators of that source.
In just the time people were reacting to this, there were 2 more attempted terror attacks in London and Paris
The first man was arrested for disorderly conduct and wielding an offensive weapon. The videos don't show whether or not he did shout "Allah Akbar," but several people have denounced that he did. If this is the low standard for "terrorist activity," the TV show Cops should rebrand their show.
23,000 Jihadists in Britain, not 3,000
Unsubstantiated. And if it wasn't, you have to at least question the legitimacy of a "government source" that could so grossly misconstrue the initial sample size.
 #55118  by Kumacho
 Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:25 pm
kocher wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:12 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:20 pm

This guy's great.
That's more sensationalist fear mongering than "news" (I.E. new information/"facts"). Ignoring the bulk of "us vs them" editorialized fear tactics, let's take a look what little news he provided:
Islamic terrorists have killed 1263 people in the last 23 days alone
Completely unsubstantiated. He pulled this number out of his ass. He and he alone are the propagators of that source.
In just the time people were reacting to this, there were 2 more attempted terror attacks in London and Paris
The first man was arrested for disorderly conduct and wielding an offensive weapon. The videos don't show whether or not he did shout "Allah Akbar," but several people have denounced that he did. If this is the low standard for "terrorist activity," the TV show Cops should rebrand their show.
23,000 Jihadists in Britain, not 3,000
Unsubstantiated. And if it wasn't, you have to at least question the legitimacy of a "government source" that could so grossly misconstrue the initial sample size.
Without delving into the rest of his "facts" his 1,263 in the past 23 days is actually pretty spot on.

I'm not sure when he correlated his data but in the past 30 days there have been 1,578 deaths at the hands of terrorists.
https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/atta ... ?Yr=Last30
HolidayFriday liked this
 #55914  by Tim_Kerr
 Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:54 pm
BDR529 wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:20 pm
cunnalingus wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:00 pm
I get my weather reports from Frankie McDonald.
it's better than fox :o