• Veganism

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #2714  by Demeter
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:44 pm
Mateo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:30 pm
That seems way too fucked up to be a standard procedure.

How rampant is this method really? And also, why?
Which method? To give you an idea, even "Certified Humane" hatcheries grind the male chicks alive. Definitely standard when it comes to factory farms. I would say the grinding method is most common based on the hundreds of undercover investigations I've seen, but gassing in plastic bags is another common method. And apparently electrocution is another method but I've actually never seen an undercover investigation showing that except with adult hens.

This is a map of factory farms in the country:
www.factoryfarmmap.org

That's where pretty much all animal products come from, then combine that with the smaller percentage of "humane" farms, all of which (except maybe some extremely fucking rare one somewhere that probably doesn't produce more than to feed a couple families tops) kill the male chicks right after they hatch.

Pretty damn rampant.
 #2715  by Mateo
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:58 pm
So what's the point of destroying all this livestock?

I'm a hunter and I dress my own game and do the butchering and I find this shit hard to watch.
Last edited by Mateo on Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #2716  by Tim_Kerr
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:00 pm
wouldn't it just be easier to add them to the fire?

#2724  by Demeter
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:40 pm
Mateo wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:58 pm
So what's the point of destroying all this livestock?

I'm a hunter and I dress my own game and do the butchering and I find this shit hard to watch.
Roosters aren't profitable. People don't eat roosters, and roosters don't lay eggs. So they get ground up.
 #2727  by Tim_Kerr
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:02 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:53 pm
Demeter wrote:
So they get ground up.
Just like soybeans

To bad peta doesn't keep stats on how many vegans potato their pets with a vegan diet... Peta toaster-ovens the most pets in the USA... :lol: :lol: :cry:

“This delusional animal rights group is talking out of both sides of its mouth — on one side preaching animal rights, while on the other signing a death warrant for 88 percent of cats and dogs in its care,” Will Coggin, director of research at CCF, said in a statement. “PETA should be called a slaughterhouse, not an animal shelter.”
 #2728  by almostapathetic
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:16 pm
Tim_Kerr wrote:

To bad peta doesn't keep stats on how many vegans potato their pets with a vegan diet...
Originally about my sausages I almost made a joke about "flinging" them across the room onto the floor (for the dogs), but I realized I wasn't a dirty vegan.
 #2729  by Demeter
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:41 pm
Tim_Kerr wrote:
almostapathetic wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:53 pm
Demeter wrote:
So they get ground up.
Just like soybeans

To bad peta doesn't keep stats on how many vegans potato their pets with a vegan diet... Peta toaster-ovens the most pets in the USA... :lol: :lol: :cry:

“This delusional animal rights group is talking out of both sides of its mouth — on one side preaching animal rights, while on the other signing a death warrant for 88 percent of cats and dogs in its care,” Will Coggin, director of research at CCF, said in a statement. “PETA should be called a slaughterhouse, not an animal shelter.”
YOU REALIZE THE CENTER FOR CONSUMER FREEDOM IS LITERALLY FUNDED BY THE ANIMAL AGRICULTURE INDUSTRY TO ATTACK ANIMAL RIGHTS GROUPS, RIGHT?

They have no shame about twisting reality. They do the same thing with the Humane Society of the United States.

The HSUS and PETA aren't my favorite organizations anyway, but the CCF makes blatantly ridiculous claims without shame. You really need to be more skeptical about your sources.
 #2730  by almostapathetic
 Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:00 pm
Just had some of the leftover sausage and veggies...OMG!...CUM. Yum, meat and veggies together as nature intended.

You can keep your industrial processed vegan food product.
 #2749  by Anthrax666
 Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:34 am
People don't eat roosters
Yes they do, I have and they taste the same as chicken. So why dont they let the chicks grow a bit and then grind them up?