• Cal-Exit

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #3334  by Demeter
 Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:15 pm
Hey y'all, what do you think of Cal-Exit?

Do you think it will pass? Do you think it should pass? Please include in your response whether or not you're Californian, and if you're not Californian, if you're in the United States or somewhere else.

I'm undecided. Seems like there are good, valid arguments on both side.

Also, how do you think it compares to Texas' attempt to secede from the union? Is it more likely or less likely to pass?

#3337  by happysock
 Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm
maybe ....

Would be great to have a haven for the extreme left factions to go and leave the rest of us in peace.
 #3340  by SkeetDixon
 Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:25 pm
It would be great to wall-off that State and give it back to Mexico. The White people their have gone totally mad and destroyed what was the nicest, most beautiful State in the Union.

These wacko Liberal Marxists shit in their bed and want to move to other States so they can try to ruin them too.
 #3350  by lemmiwinx
 Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:02 pm
Let the North Koreans have Mexifornia. But they have to take Oregon and Washington too or no deal.
 #3353  by Demeter
 Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm
happysock wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm
maybe ....

Would be great to have a haven for the extreme left factions to go and leave the rest of us in peace.
Very interesting perspective because that's exactly the same thinking that makes Californians want to secede from the union, to be left in peace from the extreme right. As unlikely as it is for it to pass, given what I know, I'm almost for it because of that aspect of it. California can be free to prosper without being weighted down by the taxes it pays for the other states who don't share our principles. I only feel bad for the more liberal states who would kind of be left helpless in a primarily red country. So many elements to consider.
 #3356  by almostapathetic
 Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm
California imports 25% of it's electricity from outside the state. LOL at rate hikes. And there will be no need to run lake Mead, the Colorado river and the like, dry feeding California. "But CA will increase produce prices". Fine, that will move too.

The worst part will be all the Mexicans pouring in from Cali once it starts to bankrupt and ag and other jobs dry up. Not to mention the ones pouring across the Cal-Mex border only to spread up to cross the much longer Cal-US border to enter the US. That wall is going to be expensive. Luckily the inflated resource tariffs CA will face will pay for most of it.

All in all once CA starts to fail, Oregon (and probably Mexico) will prosper and flourish once shipping moves there. Some shipping will also trickle to WA and Canada, as well as every other coastal state as shipping routes slowly change.

LOL California...The warm Quebec. Eventually they'll want back in and Arkansas will actually be able to make fun of them.
 #3358  by Demeter
 Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:07 pm
almostapathetic wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:34 pm
California imports 25% of it's electricity from outside the state. LOL at rate hikes. And there will be no need to run lake Mead, the Colorado river and the like, dry feeding California. "But CA will increase produce prices". Fine, that will move too.

The worst part will be all the Mexicans pouring in from Cali once it starts to bankrupt and ag and other jobs dry up. Not to mention the ones pouring across the Cal-Mex border only to spread up to cross the much longer Cal-US border to enter the US. That wall is going to be expensive. Luckily the inflated resource tariffs CA will face will pay for most of it.

All in all once CA starts to fail, Oregon (and probably Mexico) will prosper and flourish once shipping moves there. Some shipping will also trickle to WA and Canada, as well as every other coastal state as shipping routes slowly change.

LOL California...The warm Quebec. Eventually they'll want back in and Arkansas will actually be able to make fun of them.
Why would the other states be so mad about California seceding that they would increase tariffs for California if supposedly that's what conservatives want to happen too?

Also, California is the world's 6th largest economy according to https://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/y ... 1482608371

Is that false?

Are you saying shipping routes would change because of the tariffs? But why would there even be tariffs?

And in regards to electricity, again I'm still learning so this is a generous assumption, but I would think California wouldn't mind switching to other sources of energy. A long time ago I saw in I think it was India, them putting solar panels over aqueducts to both generate electricity AND reduce water evaporation. That would be pretty cool to see.
 #3441  by Concerno
 Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:55 am
Why not? GOP presidents til the end of time.
 #3450  by Anthrax666
 Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:23 am
I dont understand this.... does it mean that america is breaking up with itself?