• Cal-Exit

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #3676  by Demeter
 Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:07 pm
Concerno wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:55 am
Why not? GOP presidents til the end of time.
Yes, and California would be the only state (somewhat) protected from the madness. (Still going to have to deal with all the environmental disasters.)

I don't know. It's a really tempting thought. What do you guys think the likelihood is that Congress would approve?

I can see Republicans being all for it, except for the fact that they will lose a ton of California tax money. But Democrats in other states would probably be scared shitless.
 #3931  by bonenator
 Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:06 pm
Let them revolt and then we can really get to deporting once the military goes in and checks everyone's id

will probably clear out millions of mexicans and return the state to some of its former glory

also possible leftist marxist scum will die during the invasion so everyone wins
 #47730  by HolidayFriday
 Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:36 pm
There won't actually be a "Cal-Exit" for two very important reasons:

1) We would need our own military.
2) They would have to ask Californians.

They can say all they want, but in an actual vote, most Californians would not accept secession. Our Democrats in office enjoy saying things ~ like that Californians don't want to deport illegals ~ but they don't really ask Californians.

They never asked me, and they can't leave by saying that it's a statistical probability.
Last edited by HolidayFriday on Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 #47775  by guitarlover
 Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:45 pm
Demeter wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:49 pm
happysock wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm
maybe ....

Would be great to have a haven for the extreme left factions to go and leave the rest of us in peace.
Very interesting perspective because that's exactly the same thinking that makes Californians want to secede from the union, to be left in peace from the extreme right. As unlikely as it is for it to pass, given what I know, I'm almost for it because of that aspect of it. California can be free to prosper without being weighted down by the taxes it pays for the other states who don't share our principles. I only feel bad for the more liberal states who would kind of be left helpless in a primarily red country. So many elements to consider.
I couldn't have written this better by adding or extracting one word. And I mean it !

I would bet 100 bucks that you're in your 40's, or....some smart 20 something.
 #47776  by Demeter
 Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:51 pm
guitarlover wrote:
Demeter wrote:
happysock wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:21 pm
maybe ....

Would be great to have a haven for the extreme left factions to go and leave the rest of us in peace.
Very interesting perspective because that's exactly the same thinking that makes Californians want to secede from the union, to be left in peace from the extreme right. As unlikely as it is for it to pass, given what I know, I'm almost for it because of that aspect of it. California can be free to prosper without being weighted down by the taxes it pays for the other states who don't share our principles. I only feel bad for the more liberal states who would kind of be left helpless in a primarily red country. So many elements to consider.
I couldn't have written this better by adding or extracting one word. And I mean it !

What word(s)?
And I'm 26.
 #47779  by guitarlover
 Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:04 pm
Demeter wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:51 pm
guitarlover wrote:
Demeter wrote:

What word(s)?
And I'm 26.
What do you mean what words? The ones you wrote in the paragraph...lol...26? Impressive !...If it's true, and it may well be.

Added in 17 minutes 20 seconds:
We need a refrash button..lol