• This Just In: The Watergate Scandal is Different Now

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #55250  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:40 am
That's right. Anyone who remembers the break in to the Watergate Hotel is going to be challenged.

Remember how Nixon's men broke into the Watergate Hotel and planted bugs in the restroom and main conference hall for the CIA convention? Not anymore they didn't. According to every article you can find, Nixon's men now broke into the Democratic National Committee Headquarters and were arrested on the spot with proof they were funded by the campaign to help re-elect the president.

"Although the burglars would be caught in the act, many months would pass
before the enough details would emerge to create a picture of the events leading up to that night. These men had been hired by representatives of President Nixon's administration to use illegal means to gather information that could prove useful to Nixon winning the 1972 election."

Everywhere I search, the information is now different. Supposedly, Nixon's men had tapped the phones and were guilty of leaking information about the Democrats.

Go ahead and check.
 #55252  by Kumacho
 Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:54 am
Your memory is worse than mine and my memory is shorter than my dick. I ask you, what good is a 1 inch memory?

They were arrested "on the spot" but it took months before the correlations between them and the president was known. Here's a link to the original story from the Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 01227.html

#55413  by HolidayFriday
 Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:32 pm
kocher wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:24 am
Yes, it's every available piece of information regarding the event that has changed the details of the event to fuck with people, and not you just remembering things incorrectly.
I watched an entire computer recreation of the break in about a year ago. It was the CIA conference at the Watergate Hotel. There was a tape recorder w/ microphone planted behind a vent in the ceiling of the main conference room, two bugs planted in the toilets of a restroom right outside, and one in a stand-up urinal that was found during an initial sweep.

Since the majority of the bugs were planted in the men's restroom, Nixon took a lot of razzing over it. Agree or disagree, Mr. I-know-what-happened?