• Why should the US get involved in Syria?

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #4583  by lemmiwinx
 Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:36 am
Isn't that a job for the UN? The US is not the policeman of the world. The obvious solution to Syria is to keep out of it and let the bastards wipe each other out. Those 59 cruise missiles cost US taxpayers about $60 million.
 #4591  by Tim_Kerr
 Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:27 am
who fucking knows what's going on with this clown shoe administration.. I thought mother Russia was taking care of it.. :? :? :?
 #4592  by lemmiwinx
 Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 am
Tim_Kerr wrote:
who fucking knows what's going on with this clown shoe administration.. I thought mother Russia was taking care of it.. :? :? :?
All the players play the same game so you never know who's lying. Who released the sarin gas - Assad, ISIS, CIA, Israel, you name it? I can't believe Assad would do something so stupid.
 #4625  by kocher
 Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:43 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:39 am
Tim_Kerr wrote:
All the players play the same game so you never know who's lying. Who released the sarin gas - Assad, ISIS, CIA, Israel, you name it? I can't believe Assad would do something so stupid.
This is something I've been wondering as well. Idlib was not an ISIS stronghold, it was mostly a contested region of rebels. It was an attack right on the border of controlled areas, which makes me think he was trying to provoke. The war was basically over when Russia got involved targeting rebels with the US hitting ISIS/Nusra.

I also wonder if Trump knows that bombing a weapons depot allows those chemicals to seep into the air.
 #4652  by Anthrax666
 Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:39 am
kocher wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:43 pm

I also wonder if Trump knows that bombing a weapons depot allows those chemicals to seep into the air.
This is what baffles me. If american intelligence didnt know the cannisters were at the base, then fair enough, however if they did know the cannisters were there then they have done the same thing as assad has been accused of.
 #4662  by almostapathetic
 Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:30 am
^
By that logic, then all the bad guys would have to do is keep canisters in places they didn't want bombed or attacked. It'd be like setting up shop in a hospital or school to keep from getting struck. They could say they had chemical weapons in every military location...Even in their trucks and camels.
 #4664  by lemmiwinx
 Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:36 am
Getting back to the point why isn't it a job for the UN to punish Syria for using poison gas? If Syria was responsible that is which I haven't seen any evidence of.
 #4666  by Concerno
 Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:00 am
lemmiwinx wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:36 am
Isn't that a job for the UN? The US is not the policeman of the world. The obvious solution to Syria is to keep out of it and let the bastards wipe each other out. Those 59 cruise missiles cost US taxpayers about $60 million.
This.
 #4667  by Anthrax666
 Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:08 am
almostapathetic wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:30 am
^
By that logic, then all the bad guys would have to do is keep canisters in places they didn't want bombed or attacked. It'd be like setting up shop in a hospital or school to keep from getting struck. They could say they had chemical weapons in every military location...Even in their trucks and camels.
Do you mean, that perhaps assad placed them there (without any intelligence knowing) in order to try to absolve any blame for the attacks.
 #4674  by SkeetDixon
 Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:28 am
It seems implausible that Assad would use these weapons at this point in time. Did he even have such weapons to use? Smells like Israel to me. Isreal and military contractors are the only ones to gain from a destabilized Syria.

Trump is hopefully just showboating here. If he in any way supports regime-change, his base will abandon him.

ISIS kills that many people every day. Chemical weapons are a buzzword. The children!!!!! Buzzword. So it is okay to cook people to death with white phosphorous, but chemical weapons are another ball game? This is fake outrage developed by the media. They only report civilian casualties when it supports the interventionist narrative. ISIS kills civilians, including children, daily. This is never reported though.

ISIS is an unconventional, faceless, and embedded enemy. There will always be civilian casualties in fighting them. The US is well aware of this and knows it to be true from experience.