• What do you think of the GOP tax plan?

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #83500  by Hakik
 Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:11 am
Looks like another plan to kill small businesses and put more money in the pockets of CEOs.

I'm pretty sure this was Trump's reason all along to become President. That and for his ego. All the reforms seem to be specifically benefiting millionaires like him, and their entourage.
lemmiwinx liked this
 #83547  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:10 pm
Kumacho wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:47 am
How is all that dry land from the swamp he drained?
Somewhere in the middle of it all, they've decided that draining the swamp wasn't supposed to mean getting rid of the problems and ending up waist deep in alligators but getting rid of the Democrats, which is never going to happen.

Now, Trump is having a relaxing swim.
 #83607  by JohnnyP
 Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:35 am
Kumacho wrote:
The Swamp has been around for 70 years. Not going to drain it in less than a year. It's going to take at least 10 years of voting these shit stains out of office to make any marked improvement.
BDR529, PlusCaChange liked this
 #83612  by PlusCaChange
 Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:38 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:35 am
Kumacho wrote:
The Swamp has been around for 70 years. Not going to drain it in less than a year. It's going to take at least 10 years of voting these shit stains out of office to make any marked improvement.
The problem has always been there, though as you say it became much worse when FDR got the country to accept the principle of buying votes by redistributing wealth.
 #83613  by lemmiwinx
 Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:47 pm
I don't know and I don't care, all I know is I've been balls to the wall in stock index funds since Trump was elected and I'm up 30% and still rising. It'd be even better if they passed some kind of half-ass tax cut but then Republicans aren't exactly rocket surgeons you know.
 #83618  by JohnnyP
 Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:35 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
I don't know and I don't care, all I know is I've been balls to the wall in stock index funds since Trump was elected and I'm up 30% and still rising. It'd be even better if they passed some kind of half-ass tax cut but then Republicans aren't exactly rocket surgeons you know.
The Republicans won't pass tax reform because most are part of the establishment. So they offer shit bills that no one will vote for and Trump gets the blame. I seriously believe they are trying to get themselves voted out so the Dems can take control of the House and impeach Trump.
 #83621  by lemmiwinx
 Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:43 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:35 pm
lemmiwinx wrote:
The Republicans won't pass tax reform because most are part of the establishment. So they offer shit bills that no one will vote for and Trump gets the blame. I seriously believe they are trying to get themselves voted out so the Dems can take control of the House and impeach Trump.
Notice I said I wish they'd pass some kind of tax cut. Not tax reform but a tax cut. Reform can mean an increase in sneaky legal language and you end up paying more in the end.