• 'Worse Than Watergate': 'Shocking' House Intel Memo Reveals FISA Abuse by DOJ and FBI

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #102080  by kocher
 Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:22 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:43 pm
kocher wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:36 pm
BDR529 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:49 pm
it's funny how the dems are playing it off (as kocher parroted) that the phony dossier wasn't essential in getting the FISA warrant. Unfortunately, McCabe is already on the record saying in December that the dossier was so essential that “no surveillance warrant would have been sought” without it.

No he isn't. His testimony is still secret. Close sources to McCabe deny it unequivocally. What is on record is the FBI's response to the memo, "material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy." I'm guessing that McCabe tidbit is part of that inaccuracy.
Not only did the FBI knowingly use a document from a partisan campaign to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on the competing campaign, the FBI knew the dossier was mostly “salacious and unverified.” We know this because disgraced former-FBI Director James Comey told us so in June of 2017.
He didn't regard it as "mostly" salacious and unverified, and definitely not "entirely" as the memo says, but rather certain parts of it were. I don't doubt that. Steele was regarded as credible by American and British intelligence agencies alike, now show me where any intelligence official disregards the parts of the dossier about Page.
Steele also is on record for wanting to make sure Trump isn't elected President. So you're now ok with a foreign national
interfering in our elections. That isn't a big deal now is it? Do you understand how much of a massive hypocrite you are?
Are we just discounting claims on the basis of political bias? I guess we can discount that whole memo then.
 #102084  by JohnnyP
 Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:27 pm
kocher wrote:
JohnnyP wrote:
kocher wrote:

No he isn't. His testimony is still secret. Close sources to McCabe deny it unequivocally. What is on record is the FBI's response to the memo, "material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo’s accuracy." I'm guessing that McCabe tidbit is part of that inaccuracy.

He didn't regard it as "mostly" salacious and unverified, and definitely not "entirely" as the memo says, but rather certain parts of it were. I don't doubt that. Steele was regarded as credible by American and British intelligence agencies alike, now show me where any intelligence official disregards the parts of the dossier about Page.
Steele also is on record for wanting to make sure Trump isn't elected President. So you're now ok with a foreign national
interfering in our elections. That isn't a big deal now is it? Do you understand how much of a massive hypocrite you are?
Are we just discounting claims on the basis of political bias? I guess we can discount that whole memo then.
You can discount the dossier and the Mueller investigation which it's based on. Thanks for that.
 #102088  by kocher
 Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:46 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
kocher wrote:
JohnnyP wrote:

You can discount the dossier and the Mueller investigation which it's based on. Thanks for that.
I most certainly will not.
 #102096  by HolidayFriday
 Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:05 pm
Well, the problem with the memo, according to a couple different sources, is that it doesn't try siting all of the sources of evidence that led to the warrant - only the sources that incriminate the FBI, the Clinton campaign, and the DNC.
The Sacramento Bee wrote:The underlying materials that served as the basis for the warrant application were not made public in the memo. As a result, the document only further intensified a partisan battle over how to interpret the actions of the FBI and Justice Department during the early stages of the counterintelligence investigation that Mueller later inherited.
The Republicans, however, say that information that is in the memo is damning.
The memo's allegation is that agents and prosecutors, in applying in October 2016 to monior Page's communications, failed to tell a judge that the opposition research that provided grounds for the FBI's suspicion received funding from Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign and the Democratic National Committee. Page had stopped advising the campaign sometime around the end of that summer.
It's still hard to say how this is going to play out.
 #102099  by JohnnyP
 Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:06 pm
kocher wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:46 pm
JohnnyP wrote:
kocher wrote:

I most certainly will not.
That's because you're a giant hypocrite like all regressives. Thanks for proving my point.
 #102120  by BDR529
 Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:45 pm
kocher wrote:
Well, his sources close to him may dispute it, as you would expect especially since they're all in full-on damage control. But other sources that were in the room say he did admit that. So I guess we'll have to see the underlying documentation...which undoubtedly will see the light of day at some point...to substantiate exactly what was said.

Steele, while possibly regarded as credible, is also regarded as being highly partisan. “Steele told [former FBI official Bruce] Ohr, he ‘was desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being president.'” Ohr, who was part of the FBI’s anti-Trump Russian investigation, was not only friendly with Steele, Ohr’s own wife worked with Steele at Fusion GPS doing opposition research (the dossier) against Trump for the Clinton campaign. To just blindly take his word on everything is tantamount to letting Chuck and Nancy outline conclusions concerning President Trump.

Once again, all of this will come out when the underlying documentation...the separate testimony and actual FISA applications...make landfall. Then will come the IG's conclusions that will either substantiate or disprove what Nunes and the other members of the committee allege. With the track records of Comey, McCabe, Rosenstein and others on the left, I'm more inclinded to believe Nunes, Gowdy and the other members who wrote the memo.
JohnnyP liked this
 #102210  by BDR529
 Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:54 pm
It's not a good time to be a Democrat. Obama has completely wrecked the party....losing over 1000 seats nationwide in his 8 years of cuckery. Doesn't help that old Bernie moved the party even further left. And running crooked Hillary finished alienating what moderate Dems were left. Now you've got this new scandal with the FBI being weaponized to spy on a political rival...along with the IRS and other government agencies that were being used against conservatives. Soros' gigantic house of cards that was never meant to see the light of day...and wouldn't have if Hillary had won...is being exposed and now and is about to come crashing down, taking the ever-biased left leaning MSM with it. Long overdue to be sure.

Oh, and as an added bonus...the DNC is broke with the midterms coming up. Looks like "blue wave" is going to be the mood in the party as it begins to fade into obscurity like the Whigs. :lol:
JohnnyP liked this