• Twitter to tell 677,775 people they interacted with Kremlin-linked trolls

• Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
Discuss current events / serious things here. Needless flaming / idiocy are grounds for banning.
 #99582  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:30 pm
take a look at this:

https://twitter.com/putinrf_eng?lang=en

The lie that spy-like trolls from the KGB are infiltrating Twitter and spreading pro-Trump propaganda is ridiculous. I'll bet you can find more people that sided with Hillary and tried undermining the Trump campaign by trolling on Twitter than you can find who actually had Russian "ties" and were against her.

The fact is that there are thousands of Russians in America. My math professor was from the old Soviet Russia, and most of the students working in the LRC are Russian. Their student visas only allow them student jobs here in the states. So what do you think? Do you think they are considered "ties to the Kremlin"?

I bet CNN does.
Last edited by HolidayFriday on Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tim_Kerr liked this
 #99583  by Tim_Kerr
 Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:37 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:30 pm
take a look at this:

https://twitter.com/putinrf_eng?lang=en

The lie that spy-like trolls from the KGB are infiltrating Twitter and spreading anti-Trump propaganda is ridiculous. I'll bet you can find more people that sided with Hillary and tried undermining the Trump campaign on Twitter than you can find who actually had Russian "ties" and were against her.

The fact is that there are thousands of Russians in America. My math professor was from the old Soviet Russia, and most of the students working in the LRC are Russian. Their student visas only allow them student jobs here in the states. So what do you think? Do you think they are considered "ties to the Kremlin"?

I bet CNN does.
i speculate that, but there is an influx of "people" feeding them simple minds *looks at Johnnyp*
 #99588  by Tim_Kerr
 Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 pm
illegal votes?

President Donald Trump abruptly shut down his signature voter fraud commission

I agree with the collusion. something happened but not as the media is picturing it.
 #99589  by HolidayFriday
 Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:08 pm
Well, that article is very clear about how Trump couldn't pursue the issue of voter fraud because many blue States would not release information. What he got instead were "allegations" of Russian tampering with voter registration in over twenty States. The investigations returned nothing, but they showed Trump exactly how stupid the Democrats can get over the thing - and how much time and money they are willing to waste.

We all know that Trump and his people spoke with the Russians, and we all know that the Russians hate Hillary. Calling their conversations "collusion" is as close as they can come to actual Russian intervention in the election.

Now they're trying to say that anything pro-Trump on Twitter might be considered hidden Russian tampering.
Tim_Kerr liked this
 #99591  by Tim_Kerr
 Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:42 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:08 pm
Well, that article is very clear about how Trump couldn't pursue the issue of voter fraud because many blue States would not release information. What he got instead were "allegations" of Russian tampering with voter registration in over twenty States. The investigations returned nothing, but they showed Trump exactly how stupid the Democrats can get over the thing - and how much time and money they are willing to waste.

We all know that Trump and his people spoke with the Russians, and we all know that the Russians hate Hillary. Calling their conversations "collusion" is as close as they can come to actual Russian intervention in the election.

Now they're trying to say that anything pro-Trump on Twitter might be considered hidden Russian tampering.
I have no pony in the race. I just see how biased the us news is and how people are so gullible to follow without looking at other sources.
When someone posts a shareblue or breitbart I just blow it off as someone cucking their political party....
 #99753  by HolidayFriday
 Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Tim_Kerr wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:42 pm
I have no pony in the race. I just see how biased the us news is and how people are so gullible to follow without looking at other sources.
When someone posts a shareblue or breitbart I just blow it off as someone cucking their political party....
Well, it turns out I'm wrong.

I did some research into the situation, and it looks like there is a group out of St. Petersburg that has 1000+ accounts on Twitter for spamming their political agenda. They're the "Kremlin-linked" trolls.

They post anti-Ukraine, pro-Assad, Russian far-right propaganda, and part of their ideology includes anti-Hillary/pro-Trump stuff, which they spread around Twitter to as many places as they could.

So, I take it back. The claim is valid.
Tim_Kerr liked this
 #99759  by kocher
 Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:40 pm
HolidayFriday wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Well, it turns out I'm wrong.

I did some research into the situation, and it looks like there is a group out of St. Petersburg that has 1000+ accounts on Twitter for spamming their political agenda. They're the "Kremlin-linked" trolls.
So by research you mean finally scrolled up and clicked OPs link?