• Comcast Support

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #87999  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:22 am
This is where you post your amazing stories about Comcast.

Okay, I was living with a roommate, and I went to move. The Comcast was in my name, so I had to switch it from my name to his name and remove a couple of the movie channels before I left.

I called Comcast, and they said the only way that I could make changes was to drive down to Comcast and show valid picture ID.

When I got there, they asked for the ID, I showed it to them, then I told them the changes I needed made. The guy at the counter said, "First thing's first - let's get it switched into your roommate's name", and he proceeded to make the change. Then he gave me my ID back.

I said, "Alright, now I need to remove the movie channels", and he said, "You can't. It's not in your name."

I went around in circles with the guy about the fact that he knew I was going to remove the channels first, but he insisted that the "system" wouldn't let him do it. My roommate had to take a day off and drive down to Comcast to make the changes.

Award winning service. Our wireless didn't work the whole time I was there, either. We had a cord running up the stairs into one of the bedrooms.
Last edited by HolidayFriday on Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
PepperPeanut liked this
 #88000  by Tim_Kerr
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:25 am
Comcast Support - If you are facing any issue related to Comcast internet, cable TV or any other service, then dial our toll-free number 1-844-727-3625 Toll-Free to get the best technical support by experts 24x7.

As problems in Comcast services are increasing and getting out of control day by day and Comcast is not much appreciated by their customer for their customer support. If you are facing any issues related Comcast, then contact Comcast Support at 1-844-727-3625 Toll-Free and get instant support by experts.
 #88012  by Hakik
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 am
I had to go through similar bullshit when I moved in to my new place. I was trying to set up Comcast and I thought I could just do it online. You know, being in the 21st century. Then I called Comcast, they said I had to drive to their customer center. When I got there, they said they don't do new accounts and installation there. I had to find a retailer like Best Buy and set it up with them. :roll:

Absolute worthless service. I had the whole Xfinity OnDemand bullshit. First off, at first it seems like you're getting like 300 channels, but you only really have maybe 40 viewable channels that aren't total crap, or paid content. Then, when you're trying to see something OnDemand, either the season you want or even the entire show isn't available. When you finally find something you want, half the time there's an error message and it won't load, or cuts off in the middle.

#88013  by Kumacho
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:09 am
I was paying for telephone, tv and internet.

I was supposed to be getting 100 mbps internet speeds. When I found out I was getting 150 mbps download speeds I thought about calling them and said naw.
 #88018  by Kumacho
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:44 am
Hakik wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:06 am
I had to go through similar bullshit when I moved in to my new place. I was trying to set up Comcast and I thought I could just do it online. You know, being in the 21st century. Then I called Comcast, they said I had to drive to their customer center. When I got there, they said they don't do new accounts and installation there. I had to find a retailer like Best Buy and set it up with them. :roll:

Absolute worthless service. I had the whole Xfinity OnDemand bullshit. First off, at first it seems like you're getting like 300 channels, but you only really have maybe 40 viewable channels that aren't total crap, or paid content. Then, when you're trying to see something OnDemand, either the season you want or even the entire show isn't available. When you finally find something you want, half the time there's an error message and it won't load, or cuts off in the middle.

Damn, I've not had any of these issues.

My only issue is when the show I want to see on demand is being sold by the network at $2.99 an episode. WTF? $38.87 for a 13 episode season when I can buy all 6 seasons of breaking bad for $28?

That's the only issue I have with them really.
 #88023  by kocher
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:10 am
Never had any issues with them. I've set up service with them multiple times with my own equipment over the phone and it took 15 minutes or less. Lol @ paying for cable.
 #88025  by HolidayFriday
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:18 am
Just an FYI: I started this thread as a parody to the Comcast Support thread that a spammer posted this morning. So, props to the mods for removing it before anyone saw.
Hakik liked this
 #88033  by joecaca
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
Just an FYI: I started this thread as a parody to the Comcast Support thread that a spammer posted this morning. So, props to the mods for removing it before anyone saw.
2 of us replied to it. You also saw it. So the mods did a shit job, as always.
ES,
Caca
 #88035  by Kumacho
 Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:18 am
HolidayFriday wrote:
I saw it, and had a reply typed out. Hit enter and got the old topic doesn't exist message. Trolled by the mods!
HolidayFriday liked this