• What Was Your Very First Vehicle?

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #1190  by MrModJeans
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:52 am
Ah yes, the 1984 Mazda B2200. 5 speed manual, no radio, NO air conditioning, and my driver's side window wouldn't roll down... in the sweltering North Carolina summers. I drove that raggedy bitch all four years of high school though and had almost no issues... till it slung a rod.

What was your first ride?
 #1192  by mclewis_13
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:59 am
I FUCKING LOVED THIS CAR. It was a 5 Speed too, so shut your whore mouth. back then in order to have an auto transmission you needed to be rich. I didn't have the LX but I damn sure had the hatch back. Replaced the 4 speakers with Blaupunkt, replaced the radio with with a CD player, and had 2 12" Rockford Fosgates in the back.

Recorded as Car and Drivers Top 10 cars of 1984. Of Course I didnt get one until 1995...but I put over 250k on it.

#1193  by s0urce
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:08 pm
1985 Porsche 944. Bought her on eBay for $1000 in 2000 and drove her from CA -> TX to take her home. 5 speed manual, and incredibly under-powered.

Got her up to 200k and then she blew her head gasket in 100+ TX heat. RIP

#1194  by kilgore9012
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:10 pm
My first car purchase was the 1980 Volkswagen Scirocco. Bought in 1994 for $425 ImageDrove it like a madman down Texas logging roads for a few months and then it got me out to Florida with no issues. Got drunk with a buddy and we decided an on public road demolition derby was a great idea. Woke up next day at buddy's house and went to get my car that we left in the woods because it got stuck sometime in the middle of the night. It had three flat tires, a broken clutch cable and immense body damage. Got frustrated at my stupidity and swung a tire iron through the back window and cut my tendon on my middle finger. Got mad and pushed car into pond. Went home and sewed up my hand. The End
 #1200  by PepperPeanut
 Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:41 pm
The first (and only) vehicle I've ever owned was a maroon 2000 Chevy s10 with an extended cab and a camper.

It looked exactly like this but with a camper (of course).

I got it new and drove it for a few years. I had sex in the back of it only once (it was awful) and put a ton of miles on it. I moved to San Francisco in 2003, where parking is notoriously bad. I easily spent $5k in tickets and getting it out of tow because of tickets and eventually just let the city take it. I called when I got the boot and when I asked how much it would cost to get it freed, the woman told me, "I don't have time to do the math, but it's around $5k." I called my mom to tell her that I was losing the truck and she decided to call them to get a solid number because the car was still worth more than that in Kelly Blue Book. She calls me back and says "5 thousand, 3 hundred, and 85 dollars."

I never got another car in the city, because really it's just a huge pain in the ass unless you want to pay $300 a month to rent someone's parking garage.

Anyway, R.I.P. Maroon Chevy s10.