• Veganism

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #15318  by almostapathetic
 Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:14 pm
^
Not true, I know you don't eat lettuce...or any whole food. Processed packaged foods are all you know. I probably eat more whole vegan foods in a single meal than you do in a month.
 #15405  by almostapathetic
 Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:29 pm
So is this one/single brand of dog food sold at Petsmart vegan or vegetarian?

Poor dogs living a shortened life.

Was he even vegan or vegetarian??
 #15550  by Anthrax666
 Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am
Can we get some sort of alert when a post is deleted, perhaps a reason as well.
 #44445  by Anthrax666
 Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:31 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 am
Yeah except there's as much chance of the fetuses at that stage feeling pain as there is a plant. (Basically, none, no chance.)

So it's not in any way comparable. At all.

Also, if you're neither for or against abortion, then you either admit to believing the fetuses feel no pain, in which case there's no hypocrisy involved in me being pro-choice whatsoever. Or, you admit that you believe there's a chance they feel pain/you think they do feel pain, and that you're a sociopath. In which case, you're a hypocrite for trying to criticize me. But, you already are, because you fund animal torture every day like it's your favorite charity, and I didn't need to know what you thought about the fetuses ability to feel pain to know that.

So basically what this all really comes down to is absolutely no hypocrisy on my part, on the contrary, it's just a confused defense mechanism of yours to project imagined flaws onto someone who has pointed out real flaws in your daily habits.

Just had a thought, do you eat Free Range eggs? Because if you think about it, the eggs arent fertilised, so if you eat Free Range eggs then you arent actually causing any harm or suffering.
 #44447  by Tim_Kerr
 Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:38 am
Anthrax666 wrote:

Just had a thought, do you eat Free Range eggs? Because if you think about it, the eggs arent fertilised, so if you eat Free Range eggs then you arent actually causing any harm or suffering.

She brings them to peta to get fertilized... if u pick up what i'm puttin down ;)

:D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PETA shelter was a 'slaughterhouse,'
Last edited by Tim_Kerr on Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
 #44448  by lemmiwinx
 Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:39 am
I don't know about free range eggs but I find free range chickens are delicious. The breasts are bigger which make them more desirable.
 #44449  by Demeter
 Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 am
Anthrax666 wrote:
Demeter wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:55 am
Yeah except there's as much chance of the fetuses at that stage feeling pain as there is a plant. (Basically, none, no chance.)

So it's not in any way comparable. At all.

Also, if you're neither for or against abortion, then you either admit to believing the fetuses feel no pain, in which case there's no hypocrisy involved in me being pro-choice whatsoever. Or, you admit that you believe there's a chance they feel pain/you think they do feel pain, and that you're a sociopath. In which case, you're a hypocrite for trying to criticize me. But, you already are, because you fund animal torture every day like it's your favorite charity, and I didn't need to know what you thought about the fetuses ability to feel pain to know that.

So basically what this all really comes down to is absolutely no hypocrisy on my part, on the contrary, it's just a confused defense mechanism of yours to project imagined flaws onto someone who has pointed out real flaws in your daily habits.

You know, I'm pretty sure I went over this on the first page of this thread. But here we go again...

Even so called “humane” farms severely abuse animals.
In the case of chickens, for example, the males are still ground up alive, suffocated in trash bags, or gassed. Even more horrific methods have been shown in undercover investigations, but these are considered standard. Roosters don’t lay eggs and aren’t commonly used for meat, so they’re useless to the meat and egg industry. But these chickens perhaps have it better off than their sisters.
Even in “humane” farms, chickens still have the tips of their sensitive beaks cut off, live in cramped, ammonia filled sheds, and rarely if ever see the sunlight.
There is no legal definition of free range. According to Animal Place, “A “free-range” operation house 60,000 hens in one building and provide them a 6’ x 6’ outdoor enclosure between 8:00-8:15 am every second Tuesday.”
“Humane” farming is simply not a solution. As long as animals are treated as objects used for human habits, they will be abused.
 #44453  by Anthrax666
 Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:12 am
Demeter wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:43 am
You know, I'm pretty sure I went over this on the first page of this thread. But here we go again...

Even so called “humane” farms severely abuse animals.
In the case of chickens, for example, the males are still ground up alive, suffocated in trash bags, or gassed. Even more horrific methods have been shown in undercover investigations, but these are considered standard. Roosters don’t lay eggs and aren’t commonly used for meat, so they’re useless to the meat and egg industry. But these chickens perhaps have it better off than their sisters.
Even in “humane” farms, chickens still have the tips of their sensitive beaks cut off, live in cramped, ammonia filled sheds, and rarely if ever see the sunlight.
There is no legal definition of free range. According to Animal Place, “A “free-range” operation house 60,000 hens in one building and provide them a 6’ x 6’ outdoor enclosure between 8:00-8:15 am every second Tuesday.”
“Humane” farming is simply not a solution. As long as animals are treated as objects used for human habits, they will be abused.
For FUCKS Sake....... If I gave you a chicken, to look after, if you cared for it and it laid eggs would you eat them?
 #44454  by almostapathetic
 Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 am
^
Exactly. Why wouldn't you eat them? Would you just waste them?

Anthrax666 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:13 am
Can we get some sort of alert when a post is deleted, perhaps a reason as well.
It used to be the mod edited the post and left a reason. At least then you could figure out that some things were said and why the continuity was off. There's just no effort. Like when you're issued a warning but no description of why or where. How are you supposed to avoid possible doing it again if you don't even know what you did to start with.
 #44458  by Tim_Kerr
 Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:22 am
almostapathetic wrote:
Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:16 am
^
Exactly. Why wouldn't you eat them? Would you just waste them?

It gives them something to cry about... If I was vegan, :twisted: I would donate the eggs to my neighbors house...