• eBaumer's Questionnaire

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #7682  by Demeter
 Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 pm
1. What's your political leaning?
2. What are you most passionate about in life?
a) things you care about
b) things you enjoy
c) goals
3. What's your highest level of education and what did you study?
4. What do you do on the internet besides browse eBaum's forum?
5. What do you think about children?
 #7893  by Demeter
 Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 pm
Demeter wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:21 pm
a) things you care about
b) things you enjoy
c) goals
Okay, I'll start.

Left leaning, but some things the left seems to prioritize, I honestly don't really care about. There are basically three things I care most about: animals, children, and the environment. The most innocent and vulnerable, and the future of humankind, and the foundation of everything alive in the world. I don't understand how people could not care about those things. I also strongly value scientific evidence, so combine that with caring about those three things and you can figure out my stance on most things.

a) things you care about

Pretty obvious in my case, for the regulars here. I'm most passionate about saving animals from mass torture. Secondly, protecting children and encouraging a cultural shift acknowledging the importance of how we treat and teach children. For example: spanking and yelling at children is abusive and there's a massive amount of evidence of the wide range of damage it causes - behavioral, emotional, physiological, etc.

b) things you enjoy

I enjoy reading studies in my spare time. I like being as truly informed as possible, and learning is fun for me. I also enjoy spending time with animals of all sorts, I used to volunteer a lot at an animal rescue. Oh, and I really love trying out new vegan restaurants and new vegan products. Going to a new vegan restaurant is like going to Disneyland for me. I'm so excited to be able to try anything on the menu.

c) goals

Kind of covered that in "a". I want to really make the world a better place. I have so many plans to help animals and hopefully children too in the long run.

I'm just about finished with a college degree, going to go on to get a bachelor's. I'm going to decline to say what I studied at the moment because the people here are really creepy and I don't want to give away any personal details I haven't already.

Oh, I browse Facebook and am in a couple vegan groups there. Mostly I read studies and articles though, and do homework. Sometimes I'll message a restaurant or grocery store asking to go vegan or at least add more vegan options, little things like that.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever have them myself. I'm too old, and have too many goals to be able to raise a kid properly while also doing that. I think I'll be able to help more children if I don't have any myself. Maybe one day when I'm satisfied with the work I'm doing/have done, I'll adopt.

I think kids are very vulnerable, and parents aren't careful enough about what they directly or indirectly teach their children. They're the future of this world and need to be treated as invaluable because of that.

I also think that dumb people (and I'm probably talking about you because most people are dumb) shouldn't be allowed to breed. Dumb people breeding is destroying our future. Public education is a little bit of a safety net but far from efficient. We should only allow at least moderately intelligent, compassionate people to breed. Unfortunately that's a difficult policy to enforce in reality.
 #8586  by Concerno
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 am
Mostly libertarian.

a) things you care about
books
b) things you enjoy
books
c) goals
Own a chain of stores
Master's, psychology
Buying and selling books
I don't.
 #13340  by Demeter
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:28 pm
Concerno wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:23 am
Mostly libertarian.
So you believe in a purely free market? Or are you like socially libertarian but more realistic when it comes to other things like the fact that we need regulations?
 #13341  by PlusCaChange
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:09 pm
The question assumes political views are a spectrum which I see as a common but perverse and invidious delusion. I think for myself and don't fit any system very well.
I don't see being passionate as a positive state. The idea of your emotional reaction to something being the measure of it's value is the defining feature of romanticism which is the dominant cultural value system of the mass of people in the current era. It is promoted because it's useful to politicians and business, if people vote and consume based on feelings and impulses you can more easily get away with overcharging them for goods and services and strip them of real political power while pandering to their passions.
3. Things you care about?
Family, community, country, humankind, in that order.
4. Things you enjoy?
Solving real life puzzles, seeing through consequential deceptions, particularly persistent mass delusions.
5. Goals
To do the best I can at everything I do.
6. What's your highest level of education and what did you study?
Batchelor's degree, Biology.
7. What do you do on the internet besides browse eBaum's forum?
Research, shop, amusement.
8. What do you think about children?
They are a great and terrible responsibility. Human life is, or should be, a chain of love and devotion handed down through the generations. I could no more live just for my own enjoyment than I could eat nothing but chocolate for the rest of my life.
 #13342  by kocher
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:00 pm
Independent, but I have leftist leanings. I think if anyone can say that they adamantly subscribe to any one political ideologue then they're merely settling for what's closest to their personal beliefs so they can fit in with a clique they feel has power.
Humanitariasm. Providing and caring not only for humankind but all forms of life.
a) things you care about
The pursuit of happiness.
b) things you enjoy
Gay sex
c) goals
To be the first man to make a woman cum.
BA, HR
This is the only thing I do on the internet.
They suck.
 #13353  by SkeetDixon
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:15 pm
Demeter wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Okay, I'll start.

Left leaning, but some things the left seems to prioritize, I honestly don't really care about. There are basically three things I care most about: animals, children, and the environment. The most innocent and vulnerable, and the future of humankind, and the foundation of everything alive in the world. I don't understand how people could not care about those things. I also strongly value scientific evidence, so combine that with caring about those three things and you can figure out my stance on most things.

Wow, this is some left-wing moonbat stuff.

a) things you care about

Pretty obvious in my case, for the regulars here. I'm most passionate about saving animals from mass torture. Secondly, protecting children and encouraging a cultural shift acknowledging the importance of how we treat and teach children. For example: spanking and yelling at children is abusive and there's a massive amount of evidence of the wide range of damage it causes - behavioral, emotional, physiological, etc.

You can't even yell at kids now? Really.... More Liberal looniness. That is some Mickey Mouse right there.

b) things you enjoy

I enjoy reading studies in my spare time. I like being as truly informed as possible, and learning is fun for me. I also enjoy spending time with animals of all sorts, I used to volunteer a lot at an animal rescue. Oh, and I really love trying out new vegan restaurants and new vegan products. Going to a new vegan restaurant is like going to Disneyland for me. I'm so excited to be able to try anything on the menu.

c) goals

Kind of covered that in "a". I want to really make the world a better place. I have so many plans to help animals and hopefully children too in the long run.

I'm just about finished with a college degree, going to go on to get a bachelor's. I'm going to decline to say what I studied at the moment because the people here are really creepy and I don't want to give away any personal details I haven't already.

Oh, I browse Facebook and am in a couple vegan groups there. Mostly I read studies and articles though, and do homework. Sometimes I'll message a restaurant or grocery store asking to go vegan or at least add more vegan options, little things like that.

Wow. The life of a freedom-fighter I guess.

Personally, I don't think I'll ever have them myself. I'm too old, and have too many goals to be able to raise a kid properly while also doing that. I think I'll be able to help more children if I don't have any myself. Maybe one day when I'm satisfied with the work I'm doing/have done, I'll adopt.

I think kids are very vulnerable, and parents aren't careful enough about what they directly or indirectly teach their children. They're the future of this world and need to be treated as invaluable because of that.

I also think that dumb people (and I'm probably talking about you because most people are dumb) shouldn't be allowed to breed. Dumb people breeding is destroying our future. Public education is a little bit of a safety net but far from efficient. We should only allow at least moderately intelligent, compassionate people to breed. Unfortunately that's a difficult policy to enforce in reality.
Cool breeding program bro. You could talk about that in a very practical manner. It's called mass immigration and it's probably the biggest threat to the environment and western civilization. Bow to your PC overlords.
 #13356  by Demeter
 Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:32 pm
Well thank you to the ones who answered the questionnaire. Great getting to know you all.

And yes, yelling regularly is abusive. It's also shows a lack of control and is for weak, stupid parents who shouldn't be allowed to have children.

Idiots should have known what they were getting themselves into. If you don't have the patience for kids, don't become a fucking parent.