• Tech Support

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #3135  by Demeter
 Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 am
Ask your tech questions and give tech advice here.

I'll begin.

I'm getting confused over how to connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy Luna) to my TV. I thought it would just be as simple as getting a micro usb to hdmi adapter (I already have an hdmi cord), but the micro usb to hdmi adapters I'm seeing are saying they only work on MHL enabled devices, and I don't think my phone is MHL enabled.

So what do I do? Am I even able to connect my phone to my TV?

If I'm not able to do that, then I have another question. How the hell can I make it so I can see my laptop screen on my TV, but only certain pages like Netflix, so I can still do stuff like homework without it showing on the TV as well? Is that possible? That's actually the reason I was thinking I'd connect my phone to my TV, so I could watch Netflix through that, then do my homework on my laptop.

Thanks.
 #3141  by Demeter
 Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 am
Concerno wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 am
Call tech support or google it.
It's hard for me to call tech support the hours tech support is available. I have a very busy life. Why not just ask people on the internet? It seems like it should be a simple solution. Someone's gotta know. Also I have googled. It's hard to find answers about my specific phone and whether or not you need an MHL enabled device in order to connect your phone to your TV. Like, I can google, "is mhl required for connecting a phone to a tv", and it will just take me to sites explaining how to use your MHL enabled device to connect to the TV, nothing about whether or not it's necessary. And I tried multiple searches.
 #3143  by Anthrax666
 Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:44 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 am
micro usb to hdmi adapter
Youre doing it wrong
Am I even able to connect my phone to my TV?
Yes you can
If I'm not able to do that, then I have another question. How the hell can I make it so I can see my laptop screen on my TV, but only certain pages like Netflix, so I can still do stuff like homework without it showing on the TV as well? Is that possible?
You can do this as well
 #3144  by Concerno
 Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:00 am
Demeter wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:33 am
Concerno wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:17 am
Call tech support or google it.
It's hard for me to call tech support the hours tech support is available. I have a very busy life. Why not just ask people on the internet? It seems like it should be a simple solution. Someone's gotta know. Also I have googled. It's hard to find answers about my specific phone and whether or not you need an MHL enabled device in order to connect your phone to your TV. Like, I can google, "is mhl required for connecting a phone to a tv", and it will just take me to sites explaining how to use your MHL enabled device to connect to the TV, nothing about whether or not it's necessary. And I tried multiple searches.
Everybody 20 and 30 something has a busy life. You don't have 10 minutes to call tech support and get your problem fixed, but you do have time to watch stuff on netflix?
 #3157  by Demeter
 Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:29 am
Anthrax666 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:11 am
It's on the first page of Google
Wasn't last I checked.
Concerno wrote:VR, why do you think nobody is jumping to help you?
Who are you and why do you remember my last forum name better than I did? I had to think for a while to figure out why you were calling me VR.

And I think they aren't jumping to help me because you guys are smug and aloof and terrible people.
 #3159  by Concerno
 Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:31 am
Demeter wrote:
Who are you and why do you remember my last forum name better than I did? I had to think for a while to figure out why you were calling me VR.
I'm Concerno.
And I think they aren't jumping to help me because you guys are smug and aloof and terrible people.
Or maybe, just maybe, it's because you're on the highest horse in the world and look down on the rest of us mortals.
hankhill3 liked this
 #3162  by Demeter
 Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:36 am
Concerno wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:31 am
Demeter wrote:
I'm Concerno.
Or maybe, just maybe, it's because you're on the highest horse in the world and look down on the rest of us mortals.