• Tech Support

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #3930  by bonenator
 Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:04 pm
Demeter wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 am
Ask your tech questions and give tech advice here.

I'll begin.

I'm getting confused over how to connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy Luna) to my TV. I thought it would just be as simple as getting a micro usb to hdmi adapter (I already have an hdmi cord), but the micro usb to hdmi adapters I'm seeing are saying they only work on MHL enabled devices, and I don't think my phone is MHL enabled.

So what do I do? Am I even able to connect my phone to my TV?

If I'm not able to do that, then I have another question. How the hell can I make it so I can see my laptop screen on my TV, but only certain pages like Netflix, so I can still do stuff like homework without it showing on the TV as well? Is that possible? That's actually the reason I was thinking I'd connect my phone to my TV, so I could watch Netflix through that, then do my homework on my laptop.

Thanks.
chromecast is cheap as fuck and will do exactly that

you can cast just netflix or whatever you want to your tv. Can do it from your phone or your computer

just plug this little thing to the back of your tv and you're all set. it's magic
 #3933  by Demeter
 Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:20 pm
bonenator wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:04 pm
Demeter wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:07 am
Ask your tech questions and give tech advice here.

I'll begin.

I'm getting confused over how to connect my phone (Samsung Galaxy Luna) to my TV. I thought it would just be as simple as getting a micro usb to hdmi adapter (I already have an hdmi cord), but the micro usb to hdmi adapters I'm seeing are saying they only work on MHL enabled devices, and I don't think my phone is MHL enabled.

So what do I do? Am I even able to connect my phone to my TV?

If I'm not able to do that, then I have another question. How the hell can I make it so I can see my laptop screen on my TV, but only certain pages like Netflix, so I can still do stuff like homework without it showing on the TV as well? Is that possible? That's actually the reason I was thinking I'd connect my phone to my TV, so I could watch Netflix through that, then do my homework on my laptop.

Thanks.
chromecast is cheap as fuck and will do exactly that

you can cast just netflix or whatever you want to your tv. Can do it from your phone or your computer

just plug this little thing to the back of your tv and you're all set. it's magic
I'll remember chromecast next place I get. This one I just moved into I only plan on being in for like 3 months, so I didn't feel like bringing my big tv. Content with my laptop for now. Would be nice to be able to watch tv while doing homework though.
 #74092  by Demeter
 Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:56 pm
Is there a program that will narrate pdf files for me?

I've tested out the narrator program but it doesn't seem to work for pdf files (I really hate how pdf files don't have real font like in Word).

I want to fall asleep listening to the lecture notes, and multitask as I listen to them. It would be much more efficient than sitting down to read them. My brain likes to either multitask or fall asleep listening to stuff. It's hard to focus on these long ass lecture notes. My professor talks a mile a minute and still skips 1/4 of it.

And if you can't think of a program that does that, is there a program that converts pdf files to regular text?

Thanks. I'll be eternally indebted to you if you help me.

Also would like an audio version of my textbooks. If I could take photos of it and have a program narrate it that would be amazing as well. Although I guess the robot voice would probably get annoying after a while. They really need to have more audio versions of textbooks available. I honestly would pay a lot of money for that.

I should start a business like that, where I narrate all the textbooks. I'd be rich.
 #76449  by Demeter
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:57 pm
Does anyone know of a good printer that prints high quality images and is easily refilled using a cheap ink refill kit? Also need a scanner/copier. Must be inkjet technology as well and able to print on cardstock and sticker paper and vinyl.

Or, does anyone happen to have an Epson WF-3720 and successfully has refilled the ink using an ink refill kit?
 #76453  by Hakik
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:15 pm
Demeter wrote:
Does anyone know of a good printer that prints high quality images and is easily refilled using a cheap ink refill kit?
It's probably not a good idea for someone like you to try to refill cartridges yourself.
 #76462  by Demeter
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:30 pm
Hakik wrote:
Demeter wrote:
Does anyone know of a good printer that prints high quality images and is easily refilled using a cheap ink refill kit?
It's probably not a good idea for someone like you to try to refill cartridges yourself.
....And why is that, in your consistently confused opinion?
 #76464  by Hakik
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:36 pm
Demeter wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:30 pm
Hakik wrote:
Demeter wrote:
....And why is that, in your consistently confused opinion?
You seem to have a lot of difficulty figuring out the simplest things, like say how to buy a printer. Buying a printer is not exactly rocket science. Never seen someone having to use a forum to figure out how to buy a printer. :lol:

So I don't think refilling cartridges yourself is a good idea, you know with your lack of basic knowledge of printers, your lack of common sense in general, and the fact that you're just a bit of a dumb-dumb.
 #76466  by Demeter
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 pm
I know how to refill cartridges already, it's really quite simple, although for some printers I might have to reset the chips which is only slightly more complicated.

I don't think the majority are experts on printers either. Basically what I'm asking is if anyone has a printer they're happy with and is easy to refill, since that's one of the most important things. I'm not going to pay 70 bucks every time I need a refill. That's insanity. Fuck companies that force you to do that.
 #76468  by Hakik
 Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:49 pm
Demeter wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:41 pm
I know how to refill cartridges already, it's really quite simple.
Yea for most people.

Also, for all printers you'll have to either reset the chip, or trick your printer into thinking you put a new cartridge, either with a variety of manual tricks or with a program. There's no straight forward method that's like simple plug and play. Unless you alternate refilled cartridges, but you have to alternate them frequently, otherwise the head is gonna dry out.