• What's Happened To The Forums

• If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
If it doesn't fit in another forum, chances are it belongs here.
 #49275  by PepperPeanut
 Fri May 12, 2017 2:48 pm
2tall wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:20 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 12:48 pm
2tall wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 2:20 am
Well, there goes the forum now. PP is letting everyone know he doesn't like the forum. It's just a matter of time before that SJW shuts this shit down as well.
No, I'm pointing out that the commenters have done to the forums what they did to the comments: Made people less interested in being there.

I'm not shutting the forums down, just need to focus more time to make them better.
PP, when you're in the office and coming up with these website "improvements", is it a "your way or the highway" system or do you take input from other EBW douchebags? I predict a one day wait between forum posts.
While you're clearly not looking for any answer other than an indignant one, let me give you an honest answer.

Generally speaking, I ask everyone. With the recent community changes I asked everyone on the team who has experience with the community, or any other community. I talked to people who work at other websites that I'm friends with, and I did a lot of reading. I never make a big decision without running it by a few people to double check the logic. Anyone on the team can attest to the fact that I talk everything out, and reason everything out to an (at times) annoying degree.

By all accounts, the comments are actually already a lot better. I see people saying, "Nice job, ebaums, there's only two comments on the new feature", but in reality, that's okay. It's a feature that JUST went up, and when you're looking for comments about the content, it's going to take a little more time.

I would even argue that 15-50 on-topic comments are infinitely more valuable than 1000 comments of "cocks" and "brian is fat." I completely predict that you disagree with that, but that's also okay.

One of the most encouraging things we've seen this week is the conspiracy theory that all the users that are commenting on the features that aren't part of the usual 30-50 shitposters are actually just mod alts. These are actually often users that have been here for a long time. And sometimes they are users who have been commenting on the media the entire time you just didn't notice because they don't comment on the newest feature. Or, they're often users who just started commenting again after a long time. Or they're users who want to (get this) sign up to comment about something they're seeing on the site.

We also noticed that there's more activity on multiple media items at the same time, instead of 99% at the new feature. We're seeing active conversations on features further down the page.

We're noticing that sign-ups have gone up, logins have gone up, and the amount of good comments has significantly gone up. We have A LONG way to go to rebuilding the community, but this week has been a very successful start.

Edit:

Oh and traffic has not dropped a single bit from the removal or subsequent change in comments.
 #49338  by cunnalingus
 Fri May 12, 2017 7:48 pm
I agree that the cock comments need to stop especially from that nut job guitarlover but the people need to know, the right to know that Brian is fat!!! Pepper give the people what they want, fat Brian jokes
 #49346  by Tim_Kerr
 Fri May 12, 2017 8:09 pm
Content Crew
The exclusive group of the site's top uploaders. This is an open group, members can apply to join.

GROUP MEMBERS, RANK POSTS OTHER JOINED
mrlousyjeans
Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:22 pm
MrModJeans
Site Admin 44
teh interwebz, Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:57 pm
ULOOK2
Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:25 pm
MainFeature
Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:36 pm
smooveb
Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:15 pm
solidsnake4545
Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:40 pm
yoshi891
Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:35 pm
kilgore9012
California, Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:10 pm
Mizuka
Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:33 am
AmityIsland
Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:25 am
palehorse95
Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:45 pm
nyyank257
Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:34 pm
mclewis_13
Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:50 pm
Ramble_Khron
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:53 pm
Officer_Farva
Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:21 pm
HHHolmes
Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:45 pm
wardnate77
Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:42 am
UsedCarMan
Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:41 pm

more like the jew crew :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anthrax666, cunnalingus liked this
 #49380  by Anthrax666
 Fri May 12, 2017 10:32 pm
Tim_Kerr wrote:
Content Crew
The exclusive group of the site's top uploaders. This is an open group, members can apply to join.

MrModJeans
Site Admin 44

UsedCarMan

That's interesting
MrModJeans wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:06 am
UsedCarMan82 is my gamer tag.
 #49381  by Tim_Kerr
 Fri May 12, 2017 10:36 pm
Anthrax666 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 10:32 pm
Tim_Kerr wrote:
Content Crew

MrModJeans
Site Admin 44

UsedCarMan

That's interesting
MrModJeans wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:06 am
UsedCarMan82 is my gamer tag.
this is how the glory hole starts

abort X10
I think lots are multiple accounts. If I gave a midget.. I could verify
 #49388  by 2tall
 Sat May 13, 2017 4:34 am
PepperPeanut wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:48 pm
2tall wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:20 pm
PepperPeanut wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 12:48 pm

No, I'm pointing out that the commenters have done to the forums what they did to the comments: Made people less interested in being there.

I'm not shutting the forums down, just need to focus more time to make them better.
PP, when you're in the office and coming up with these website "improvements", is it a "your way or the highway" system or do you take input from other EBW douchebags? I predict a one day wait between forum posts.
While you're clearly not looking for any answer other than an indignant one, let me give you an honest answer.

Generally speaking, I ask everyone. With the recent community changes I asked everyone on the team who has experience with the community, or any other community. I talked to people who work at other websites that I'm friends with, and I did a lot of reading. I never make a big decision without running it by a few people to double check the logic. Anyone on the team can attest to the fact that I talk everything out, and reason everything out to an (at times) annoying degree.

By all accounts, the comments are actually already a lot better. I see people saying, "Nice job, ebaums, there's only two comments on the new feature", but in reality, that's okay. It's a feature that JUST went up, and when you're looking for comments about the content, it's going to take a little more time.

I would even argue that 15-50 on-topic comments are infinitely more valuable than 1000 comments of "cocks" and "brian is fat." I completely predict that you disagree with that, but that's also okay.

One of the most encouraging things we've seen this week is the conspiracy theory that all the users that are commenting on the features that aren't part of the usual 30-50 shitposters are actually just mod alts. These are actually often users that have been here for a long time. And sometimes they are users who have been commenting on the media the entire time you just didn't notice because they don't comment on the newest feature. Or, they're often users who just started commenting again after a long time. Or they're users who want to (get this) sign up to comment about something they're seeing on the site.

We also noticed that there's more activity on multiple media items at the same time, instead of 99% at the new feature. We're seeing active conversations on features further down the page.

We're noticing that sign-ups have gone up, logins have gone up, and the amount of good comments has significantly gone up. We have A LONG way to go to rebuilding the community, but this week has been a very successful start.

Edit:

Oh and traffic has not dropped a single bit from the removal or subsequent change in comments.
I may have asked my question like an asshole, but I really wanted to know. I actually appreciate your answer. I think the comment section has improved as well.
PepperPeanut liked this
 #49391  by kocher
 Sat May 13, 2017 5:32 am
The barrier betwixt front pagers and forumers has been unwittingly lifted, resulting in a civil war that will leave members in a withering heap of blood, guts, cum, and mac and cheese.
PepperPeanut liked this
 #49397  by Hakik
 Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 am
kocher wrote:
The barrier betwixt front pagers and forumers has been unwittingly lifted, resulting in a civil war that will leave members in a withering heap of blood, guts, cum, and mac and cheese.
Not much of a civil war. Tim Kerr has been single-handedly manhandling all the frontpagers.
 #49398  by 2tall
 Sat May 13, 2017 9:05 am
Hakik wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 8:50 am
kocher wrote:
Not much of a civil war. Tim Kerr has been single-handedly manhandling all the frontpagers.
He can manhandle this dick!!! *grabs small, limp, useless, flaccid, miserable excuse for a cock*